• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have read that shipping guns in TX person to person (both legal to own of course) does not have to go through an FFL.

Have also read that pistols may be an exception.

I find lots of references, statements and opinions.

I'm looking for an actual statute or legal reference to show a guy who is questioning the legality of shipping a 20 ga. shotgun within our state.

HKS
    Venture Surplus ad

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Individuals can ship firearms to other individuals in their own state. Long guns can be shipped via USPS but handguns must be shipped via UPS or Fedex.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    No matter what the regulations say, there is always that stupid person behind the counter when you go to mail it that will freak out and call 911 when you tell them it's a firearm

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    No matter what the regulations say, there is always that stupid person behind the counter when you go to mail it that will freak out and call 911 when you tell them it's a firearm

Dont use mail, use common carrier - Law only requires you tell them if it is interstate 922e. Of course, most CC will not ship person to person.

wgsigs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    DFW
    Dont use mail, use common carrier - Law only requires you tell them if it is interstate 922e. Of course, most CC will not ship person to person.
    I don't believe you can use the mail for handguns anyway. The law says common or contract carrier. The USPS is neither.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I don't believe you can use the mail for handguns anyway. The law says common or contract carrier. The USPS is neither.

No you cannot, but OP was looking to ship a shotgun, not a handgun, and you can ship a shotgun my USPS.

I'm looking for an actual statute or legal reference to show a guy who is questioning the legality of shipping a 20 ga. shotgun within our state.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom