• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a a r o n

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Little Elm
    ive gotten a few different answers to this question ive had, and i figured this would be the best place to turn to figure out the correct one. i have a hand gun i need to ship back to KAHR i was told by a local gun shop that i am allowed to send it off myself, but when i looked on kahr's website it says federal law prohibits anyone without a ffl to mail a gun. so what does the law say about this?

Thanks.
    DK Firearms

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    You can send it back with UPS, but you need to disclose it is a firearm and do so at there business hub, not a UPS store. Needs to go air as well.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I would call Kahr and ask them how to do it. I am sure you will need prior approval to ship it to them, probably a packing label with a return number.

Sometimes it is best to talk to a real live person as opposed to trying to rely on their website for specific details. You are not the first to have to ship one back, they have a procedure that works.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I had to ship my wife's LCP back to Ruger and all I needed was to do as stated above. Called manufacturer, got shipping labels, told UPS hub it was a firearm, properly packed said firearm, and waited on Ruger to send it back.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I had to ship my wife's LCP back to Ruger and all I needed was to do as stated above. Called manufacturer, got shipping labels, told UPS hub it was a firearm, properly packed said firearm, and waited on Ruger to send it back.

Plus 1 did the same thing with ruger not too long ago.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You can send it back with UPS, but you need to disclose it is a firearm and do so at there business hub, not a UPS store. Needs to go air as well.
    You don't have to do that in this case because the recipient is a licensed manufacturer. And the "next day air only" is just company policy. I tell them the box contains machine parts.

clonies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Houston
    You don't have to do that in this case because the recipient is a licensed manufacturer. And the "next day air only" is just company policy. I tell them the box contains machine parts.

Machine parts is like code for gun ;) Seriously though, one employee got nosy and asked what kind. Rather than tell them to F off, I said meat grinder.

Top Bottom