• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Great news!!!!!! ShivWorks will be offering their excellent PUC and ECQC 1&2 class on October 3, 4, 5 at the Impactzone in Hempstead. This is probably the only time this year these will be offered in Texas.

SouthNarc will be teaching these classes, so don't miss a chance to with this outstanding instructor. The concepts taught & practiced in these classes are very practical and directly applicable to CHL holders.

Here are the class descriptions

PUC class.
    The ShivWorks Practical Unarmed Combat core concepts module is a 4
    hour fundamental block of instruction that introduces the student to the
    parameters and context of criminal assault. The student will learn how criminals
    actually assault citizens in the real world and will initially focus on strategies and
    tactics for challenging and preempting the potential assailant. The instruction will
    then shift to immediate action procedures for spontaneous assault and how to
    regain initiative with non-stylized basic tools.

ECQC 1-2 class.

The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts I & II (ECQC 1&2) course is a 20 hour block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to
    building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is
    designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform
    for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis
    is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which
    means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are
    initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills
    utilizing man-marking cartridges and protective equipment.

Students can take one or both classes. There is no previous martial arts experience required to attend the PUC class. The ECQC class is not recommended for beginning shooters.

The PUC class is a 4 hour module and the ECQC 1-2 is a 20 hour course. The PUC course is $100 and the ECQC course is $400.
    Students need to mail a %50 deposit to secure a slot.
    The class size is limited to ensure a quality learning experience.

People can contact me for additional questions or to reserve a slot in the class.

Regards,
    Ferrell

Here's the link to the range:
    http://www.theimpactzonerange.com/

Here is the link for the Shivworks homepage:
    http://www.shivworks.com/index.asp
    Texas SOT

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Thanks for the info.I justed passed the info on to a guy at the gunshop who wants to take this course.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thank you Mac for passing along the info.! Have him contact me to secure a slot in the class. glockfan AT comcast DOT net

The MUC (Managing Unknown Contacts) portion of the class is the most practical skillset for CHL holders. You get to practice this with with role players.

Here's another upcoming class.

SouthNarc is going to be teaching Armed Movement in Structures (A.M.I.S.) class on 15-16 November in Dallas, Texas

Point of Contact: Steve Moses smoses@hardingcompany.com 817-308-2607

Here's the class description:

The ShivWorks Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS) course is a twenty hour block of instruction focusing on negotiating movement problems within structures with limited or no resources. Realizing that moving through a structure that contains armed hostiles, perhaps by one’s self, is probably the most dangerous task one can undertake, the best options for winning a confrontation are presented with the qualification that there is no safe way to do this.

Topics covered include:

Day One (12 hours):

•Viewing the environment in terms of the unseen
    •Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal planes of visual obscurement
    •Distance variables and the visual apex
    •Threshold evaluation
    •Dynamic and Deliberate movement
    •Room Entry factors (known versus unknown)
    •Minimizing multiple exposure
    •Modifying the fighting platform to conform to cover and concealment
    •Re-setting/Disrupting the adversary’s OODA loop
    •Chalk board exercises
    •Dry-runs
    •FoF evolutions
    •Low-light module

Day Two (8 hours)

•Practical Exercises for egress, search, and third-party rescue

Equipment Required

Airsoft pistol, airsoft ammunition, wrap around eye/face protection suitable for Airsoft and man-marking cartridges, holster, groin protection, flashlight. Course cost for 20 hours of instruction is $400.00

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We are still a GO

Okay fellas, I talked to Phil today and the range survived Ike's wrath.

If you are interested in the PUC and/or ECQC class you need to contact me and get your deposits in to secure a slot.

We've got some excellent training partners/students already slotted. Those include a graduate of Tulsa's USSA CQT class, BJJ practitioner & Tactical Response student, and martial artist & veteran ECQC student.
    If you are not as advanced as these fellas, don't worry they show up to train/learn and ego's are checked at the door.

I look forward to training with some Texas Gun talk folks soon.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ahhhhhh! I wish I could participate. Unfortunately my schedule won't allow for quite awhile. :banghead: Judging by everything I've read and seen, SouthNarc is definitely on my short list of people I really want to take some courses from.

Ferrell, feel free to post a after action review or something if you want to. I've seen people doing this on M4carbine.net, and it's an excellent thing to see a few pics and get some excellent first hand knowledge of what's in store for future participants.

BTW, was that you that I met at the TGT/Shiloh shoot last month Ferrell? I talked to someone briefly regarding firing at close range, from retention/close guard, etc and the mention of ShivWorks came up. I'm the needs2hoponatreadmillfor10yearsstraight guy with glasses. ;)

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    HK, I will post an AAR. There are some from previous classes on other boards.
    Here's a recent one on the high road SouthNarc's PUC/ECQC 1 & 2 AAR - THR

There are some video clips on youtube and on the shivworks site. I don't want to direct link them, but they are easily found. If you search on youtube for the user ID IFWaccess, there are some video clips from classes. The language is not safe for work/kids. They show some gun grappling, car evolutions, shooting from retention, negotiating the FUT etc... The ECQC masking video shows a lot of the drills & evolutions, the Jbake and the B-Saint shows gun grappling & car evolution in good detail.

I have taken the class multiple times and it is always a valuable learning experience. The reason being is the dynamics and attributes of the roleplayers is always challenging no matter what your skill level.

That was probably me you talked to. Especially if you heard words like "off hand fending", "don't project the gun", and "position before aquisition".

Top Bottom