• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    Shoot Smart Range is a well run range in the north FW area. The place is kept clean and run efficiently. I know a business has every right to operate any way it chooses. This one event just hit me on a bad day. Here are there hours, specifically in reference to "Happy Hour", a reduced rate to encourage usage of the range in low usage hours ( I would speculate ).

"Shoot Smart is open 365 days a year.
    Monday - Friday10am - 9pm
    Saturday - Sunday9am - 9pm
    Happy Hour: Monday - Thursday (2 PM - 4 PM) $7.50/person. Does not apply to private suites.

I show up this Wednesday, wait till 2 PM and step to the counter. I handed them my card and requested a "Happy Hour" lane. The very nice lady smiled and said, " Happy Hour rates are suspended for the Holidays. Would you like a private or public lane?" I asked if the suspension was communicated and she did not know. I smiled and chose the lane leading back to the front door which in turn lead me to another range.

I am really getting old and stubborn. I just felt they had taken advantage of a Thanksgiving Holiday to squeeze another $6 out of the customer. I spent my six bucks going back to a range a little less inventive. Shoot Smart is very professional and I wish them the best. But, they are not getting my $6.
    Texas SOT

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    They suspend the $5 happy hour every year. It is posted on their website, Facebook and written posting in the store. The place fills up without it this time of year.

It is by far one of the best values there is. Even without the reduced rate.

In the interest of disclosure, I used to teach there. My move to S Texas has made that no longer feasible. ;)

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I knew about the "Happy Hour" not good on holidays, not sure how I knew. Buy the membership and then it does not matter.

bgw45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    D/FW
    Guess I just missed it. As usual, my frustration is my fault.

My apologies, found the cancellation notice on their site.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom