• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lakerat24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2015
    DFW
    Shot at Shoot Smart in Grand Prairie yesterday for the first time. It was a good experience, nice friendly staff, had more gear/guns/ammo than I thought I would see. More lanes would be nice, but overall a very good time.
    Venture Surplus ad

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I go to the one by Alliance every once in a while. Still seems nuts to me to pay to go shoot, but I guess when you live in town that's how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bogart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015
    I go to the one at Alliance. It has got to where it is so busy there that I don't even bother anymore. I wish they could expand and create double the amount of lanes they currently have.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I go to the one at Alliance. It has got to where it is so busy there that I don't even bother anymore. I wish they could expand and create double the amount of lanes they currently have.

FWIW, you can walk right in and shoot just about any time during the week. (10:00 am to around 3:00 Pm) I realize most people work during these hours, but with empty lanes during a good portion of the day, I can see why they haven't added more lanes.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Yes, they are very busy at times. Now, what they need is open up another site in the Denton/Corinth area.
    And yes the people at shoot smart are a cut above most ranges that I know about.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    FWIW, you can walk right in and shoot just about any time during the week. (10:00 am to around 3:00 Pm) I realize most people work during these hours, but with empty lanes during a good portion of the day, I can see why they haven't added more lanes.

No room. In 2012 they opened the 5 private lanes in addition to the 11 original lanes.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Private lanes always a wait but a lot of times the public lanes are wide open. One time we had the entire public area to ourself but there was a two hour wait on private lanes.

Mr._Murasaki

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    I've never been and I only live 15 minutes away, I should try it been hearing awesome things about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2015

I went last Friday at 12:30 and they didn't have any parking spaces open. I went in and it was a 2.5 hour wait for the private lanes and almost 1.5 for the regular lanes.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I went last Friday at 12:30 and they didn't have any parking spaces open. I went in and it was a 2.5 hour wait for the private lanes and almost 1.5 for the regular lanes.

I usually only use the private lane when my wife comes along to shoot, otherwise it’s the “public” lanes. I was there last Thursday. Got there at about 10:30 and got a lane immediately, and there were still several open. When I left at about 11:45 I think there were two open lanes, and no one in the lobby signing up to shoot. I guess I just hit it at the right time. I never go on the weekends or late in the day.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I drove past the one near Alliance last weekend on the way to the M-I-L's house. Never been inside so I don't know if they need more lanes, but on Saturdays, it sure looks like they need more parking. Cars & trucks lined the ditch up and down the service road around that place.

flylow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Dropped in for a class back in Dec. on the changes to the law that took effect on Jan. 1 that was put on by Texas Law Shield. It was a bit crowded, but the staff was nice. I'm looking to sign up for some of their classes this year.

Top Bottom