• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Trying to locate shooters in the Wichita Falls area, because I hate to believe that I am the only one on TGT in this area. PM me if you're around here, maybe get a day out at the range and 'shoot the shayte', both literally and metaphorically.

Brad L.
    Venture Surplus ad

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    I'll be shooting the NRA High Power match at the NW Texas Field and Stream club on September 5th if you want to stop by and check it out. There's also a HP match at Fort Wolters, Mineral Wells on September 13. Both matches start at 9:00.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I dont have a membership to Field and Stream because I needed a range with longer distances than they could provide. I heard that they only had a 100 yard range, and that really put me off. I am out at RRRPC here in Burkburnett, and luckily, its only a couple of miles from the house, so its really easy to go out there and bust some caps and go right home. Can I get into the range if I dont have a membership even if I am not shooting?

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    On days when they're shooting matches, they leave the gate open, so you can come in and check it out. I know, the lack of a range beyond 100 yards is kind of a put-off. I belong to the Graham club and our rifle range goes out to 500 meters. And we have a separate rifle range from the steel target range that goes out to 300.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Yeah, ours is 300M and thats still a little short. They have a 1000 yard range over the river in Grandfield, OK that they hold CMP matches at but from my understanding you have to have a knowledge of the land to find it. But for now, I will be content with the 300M...

Rock on!
    Brad L.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    They have a 1000 yard range over the river in Grandfield, OK that they hold CMP matches

Not sure where that is either. They're not listed as a CMP affiliated club on the CMP website and they don't appear to have a website. There is a rifle club in Lawton but they appear to only have a 100 yard range like Wichita Falls.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Not sure where that is either. They're not listed as a CMP affiliated club on the CMP website and they don't appear to have a website. There is a rifle club in Lawton but they appear to only have a 100 yard range like Wichita Falls.

My apoligies, its Appleseed, not CMP. I always get the two mixed up. I've never been, but have been invited to one of their shoots. By the time I was going to enroll, they had already had a full roster.

Top Bottom