• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Midway had some Shooters World powder in stock so I grabbed 2 lbs of “Precision” which was advertised as similar to Varget. I’ve never used any Shooters World, so I looked at their website, and they have some load data, but not near what I thought they’d have for a powder that’s suppose to be as versatile as Varget. I was reading and it looks like Shooters World Precision is the same as Lovex S062, which has quite a bit more data available. Anyone else have experience with this powder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've considered them but have zero hands on experience with them. I don't think PV and others would sell it if it wasn't up to snuff. Be sure to post some results. I appreciate some real world data when it comes to reloading.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I've considered them but have zero hands on experience with them. I don't think PV and others would sell it if it wasn't up to snuff. Be sure to post some results. I appreciate some real world data when it comes to reloading.

They have been around for 128 years supposedly, and claim their Precision rifle powder has better temperature sensitivity and accuracy than Varget. It was inexpensive, $32 a lb, and available! Ordered last night, and it shipped today, so hopefully I’ll get some loaded later this week and get to the range next Monday.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Definitely let us know your thoughts.

I almost picked some up a while back but decided I have too many other powders that covered what the available offering was meant for.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    Hey- slight thread drift (don't want to grind anyone's gears)...I got onto 'Clean Shot' about two years ago for a potential 45 ACP powder. I think I saw mention on another forum? And I think I read Shooters World powders are big in Australia (?) But I wound up using Clean Shot as a 9mm plinker. I really like it in 9mm lead loading, burns nice, nice recoil impulse, etc. I really like the Clean Shot as a semi-auto pistol powder.

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    They are rebranding Lovex powders, you should be able to use the Lovex data for the appropriate SW branded powder. Data is sparser than other brands but they have a ballistician that is fairly responsive (at least they did), you could reach out to them for data and see if they can help.

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    They are rebranding Lovex powders, you should be able to use the Lovex data for the appropriate SW branded powder. Data is sparser than other brands but they have a ballistician that is fairly responsive (at least they did), you could reach out to them for data and see if they can help.

Yeah, they have an online reload manual that gives you the Lovex product #. From what I’ve seen so far, their loads are almost identical to Varget (all within 1 grain) on the 6.5 loads I’m testing.

Top Bottom