TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I thought OJ was locked up right now?

He's trying to get his name back into the media. ;) j/k

I'm sure people weren't this crazy 100yrs ago (at least not this specific type of crazy) as back then society didn't coddle people like it does now, and if you weren't out trying your hardest to survive, put food on the table, etc then you would basically die of starvation. Also, back then if you turned to crime to survive, there was also the whole thing that the average law-abiding citizen had quite a bit less apprehension about killing a criminal then we do nowadays. That's my take on it anyways.

BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    ...the "coddle factor".....

+1
    HKFiend--SPOT ON!

with today's decrease of hard work just to survive AND increase of idle time, people fawn all over themselves and are out of touch with reality. movies, tv, and computers fill their head with God knows what.

I am an old coot and grew up in the '50s and '60s. Police routinely shot and killed felonious perps responding to calls and it was no big deal. today, a whole lotta people have lost all fear of LEO, which is a direct result of today's "victimhood," advanced by ACLU, bleeding hearts, and mush-headed media. everyone is "special" and must be coddled.

Let me tell you a true story: a buddy and me wanted some beer. we were underage and lied our way in a bar in 1960. we were pretty big boys. The Law came in and started asking questions about some guy they were looking for. My buddy thought he'd be a smart-a** and gave the Police some lip. You know, the "tough guy" routine.

out came that cop's billy, and quickern a duck on a june bug, popped my friend in the puss. he carried his front teeth home with him in his bandana.

you knew 2 words for LEO: "yessir" and "nossir." nuff said

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Political correctness certainly is one of the many vehicles serving to turn the average individual into a mindless and clueless zombie. This phenomenon always reminds me of a quote a good man once said in a movie, "Soylent green is people!"

Top Bottom