Shooting At Steiner Ranch Steakhouse (Austin)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    MyFox Austin | Victim Shot Dead at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse

Victim Shot Dead at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse

STEINER RANCH -- Police officers responded to a shooting in the 5400 block of Steiner Ranch Blvd Monday around 4 p.m. The shooting occurred at the Steiner Ranch Steakhouse and EMS reported to the scene and performed CPR on the victim. Starflight was called to the scene to help in searching for a suspect.

I love the article headline. Reminds me of the "Victim or Gun Owner" graphic. It'll be interesting to hear the details and witness accounts of this incident. I wonder if a CHL'er was present or could've made a difference?

Discuss...
    Venture Surplus ad

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    1 shot to death at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse; Gunman on the loose

Travis County Sheriff's detectives say one person was shot to death inside the recently opened exclusive Steiner Ranch Steakhouse Monday afternoon.

The shooting happened at the Steiner Ranch Steakhouse, 5424 Steiner Ranch Rd., just south of RM 620 at approximately 4 p.m. The restaurant was about to begin its dinner service.

According to Travis County Sheriff's spokesman Roger Wade, a man walked into the restaurant and shot a person inside the building. The suspect then ran out toward a wooded area.

Austin police, Travis County Sheriff deputies and a StarFlight helicopter are searching for a suspect in the RM 620 and Bullock Hollow area.

He is described as white, 5'7" tall, 170 pounds, with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a green jacket and blue jeans.

The victim has not been identified.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If I am hearing the Fox report correctly, the establishment has only been open for 10 days? Not to make light of the shooting, but that's a terrible start for the business. I hope they find that gunman, it's too bad the description is so vague.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Ohh... yeah. My friend works there and she was in the room when he walked into the place and shot the manager.

The shooter was a former employee, when they released his name I did a little background check, he's from California, and used to be a Navy Fueler.

Knowing my friend and the places she's likely to work at, no one probably had a CHL.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Now they're thinking he off'd himself out in the woods nearby. That or a clever ploy to redirect the fuzz while he skates to Mexeeeco

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom