• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    1960/AldineW'field
    Competition was suggested to me in another thread for improving my shots at the range.

It got me to thinking.... What about competition for charity? Is there such a thing? If not, why can't we?

I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself, as I generally do, so I'll leave it there to start.
    Guns International

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Sounds like a good idea.I know I would like to help the childrens cancer center in Houston and many others.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Shooting for charity? I'm down with that! I take that to mean, people give me thousands of rounds of free ammo, and then I get to shoot all of it......oh wait. ;) j/k Yeah, this sounds like a good idea though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    1960/AldineW'field
    I'm still chewing on this guys; expecting some info from MD Anderson's Cancer Center. See what their guidelines are and what they'd be willing to do to help. I want to do it up right, if we can. We'll have to out-do the Shooting Down Cancer guys, though: Events Calendar. How lame is it that someone stole my brilliant idea 5 years ago!?!

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I participate in numerous charity shotgun shoots and don't see why it couldn't be applied to pistols as well. There is one local charity shoot that is actually a three gun shoot involving 2 rounds of skeet 20 100yd rifle shots and 10 pistol shots at 7yds and 20 shots at 15yds. Neat local event. From what I've seen on this site, it should be no problem to get this up and running. Just my thoughts.

BTW I'm sure I screwed up the details of the 3-gun shoot. So I'll apologize now.;)

dtb1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Charity Shoot

Micro.Foosa.Cub I know of a local houston Childrens charity that may well wish to be involved in a fund raising event, if you would like more details contact me at dtb1@att.net . I think it is a wonderful idea.

Darrell Belch

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Like the idea. It's a win win on both sides. I really like the Shooting Down Cancer idea. Personally feel very strong about supporting from personal experiences. I'm definitely down...

Top Bottom