• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Back in the late 90's I had a shop accident and nearly cut my right hand off. For a year I didn't touch a gun and it took 3 years before I started shooting regularly again.
    Since that accident my right hand has never been as strong so a good solid grip is hard to maintain.
    I love to shoot 44mag and can't hit jack any more it seams.
    15 yards and a 2 1/2 - 3 in group is good now days.
    My question is does a glove help increase grip substantially or only marginally?

Thanks in advance!
    Texas SOT

ethan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Fort Worth (Currently in Iraq)
    fwiw, regular gloves probably wouldnt offer you much, i have seen gloves that have hard inserts/molds in the fingers to steady the fingers, cant remember who makes em off the top of my head, they were more of a tactical glove,

i carry my gloves with me now that the weather is cooling off and everything i touch isnt sizzling, instead of always wearing em, cause personally they just get in teh way of fine motor manipulation (alot of what i do)

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    I use a pair of Mechanix brand gloves that you can get at home improvements stores for $15. They increase grip substantially on rubber and not very much on wood or plastic. In the heat of a Texas summer gloves are mandatory for me, right up there with eye/ear protection.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I bought a pair of gloves just Sunday that have thin / soft leather palms and fingers but the back side is a flexible material.
    I cut the tips of the fingers out and will give them a try this week and report back.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    WOW!!!!
    Huge improvement!!!
    All I can say is if you ever wondered if gloves could make a difference, the dam sure did for me!

Thanks all!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    They can make a difference. I use them on the .454 Cassul when plinking it at the ranch. I just use my old fingerless motorcycle gloves, they really improve my grip and lessen the feeling of recoil.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Adidas batting gloves are the only type I have found that work for me,I've tried various types and with these I can feel trigger but still give me better grip and control.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I have never found gloves that felt comfortable to shoot with but that is just my opinion. A friend has a thompson contender that is chambered in 45/70 and swears by his weight lifting gloves so what ever works for one may not work for someone else.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    May have to look at some batting gloves - never thought of those!

I think they are worth a try I went through many gloves and the batting gloves allow feel and some protection from recoil at the same time provide better grip for these old hands. Standard shooting gloves for me were to thick between thumb and finger throwing off my grip.

Top Bottom