Military Camp

Shooting in defense of other's property.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, if he was running away (with his property) at night in Texas it is "legal".

ETA: But I am not suggesting one do it.

IAmSupernova

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2015
    Baytown
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that having his own car burglarized just days prior had more to do with his decision to shoot than anything else.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    If you shoot someone that is not a direct threat to you or a third party you will be slammed.
    That "law" about shooting people at night is Bullshiite. Shoot some jack wagon for stealing your property and watch what happens.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Why is that unfortunate? At the end of the day the shooter still killed someone over a radio, that wasn't even his.
    When someone steals from you, they are literally taking the portion of your life that was spent earning whatever it is they are stealing. You can spend more of your life to replace what was stolen, but you can never get the time back that was spent in the first place. Thieves are little murders.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If someone shoots at a fleeing thief with stolen items (from their house or their neighbors house) and kills the thief, it is my belief that the shooter will be poor in a short time and possibly incarcerated for a period of time, regardless of what the statutes say. :green:

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    When someone steals from you, they are literally taking the portion of your life that was spent earning whatever it is they are stealing. You can spend more of your life to replace what was stolen, but you can never get the time back that was spent in the first place. Thieves are little murders.

Thats an interesting argument.
    Standing in line it taking my too. If I have to stand in the line at the DPS to get my license renewed am I legally entitled to blast away?

Top Bottom