Capitol Armory ad

Shooting in defense of other's property.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Thats an interesting argument.
    Standing in line it taking my too. If I have to stand in the line at the DPS to get my license renewed am I legally entitled to blast away?

Not if you're willingly giving them your time for whatever you expect in return. Theft requires you not be willing.

Coerced? That's a different story. :)
    Lynx Defense

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    You know, strangely I cannot rebut my own argument. Standing in line at the tax office or DPS, if only I had had a fire axe...

Lol so I bought a car a few months ago, did a bunch a work on it. Over several months. Never drove it on public roads. Then I transferred the title. Apparently in my county there is a 25 dollar a month fine for not transferring a title. Had to pay it the month 2 weeks before Christmas.

Speaking of theft.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Monopoly = coercion.

My point being I doubt you were cuffed and dragged into the DMV line. That's different, in practice, than being in line to AVOID being cuffed and dragged somewhere for not doing whatever it is you needed to do while there.

Back to the topic, though, this guy is hosed. Apparently he stopped the theft and after the theft had stopped, willingly shot and killed another man. Sounds like first degree murder will be the charge he should expect. They'll probably hang the federal dope+gun crime over him and it wouldn't surprise me to find out he was a felon in possession of a firearm, either.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Back to the topic, though, this guy is hosed. Apparently he stopped the theft and after the theft had stopped, willingly shot and killed another man. Sounds like first degree murder will be the charge he should expect. They'll probably hang the federal dope+gun crime over him and it wouldn't surprise me to find out he was a felon in possession of a firearm, either.

Pretty much.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Thats an interesting argument.
    Standing in line it taking my too. If I have to stand in the line at the DPS to get my license renewed am I legally entitled to blast away?
    lol... you're willingly giving up your time by standing in line. There's also a difference between what's legal and what's right. Hence my original "unfortunately" comment.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    There are times where this would make sense. They are pretty few and far between.

Say you're remote camping w horses and someone steals them or your water? Or there's a blizzard and you return to your campsite to find someone stealing your tent and sleeping bags?

Only couple I could think of off the top of my head.

Point being, there are situations where defending your property w deadly force makes sense. For a radio in your front yard - not so much.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    When someone steals from you, they are literally taking the portion of your life that was spent earning whatever it is they are stealing. You can spend more of your life to replace what was stolen, but you can never get the time back that was spent in the first place. Thieves are little murders.

Yep, everything I've bought and paid for cost me a bit of my life. Insurance cost me bits of my life too as does the deductable the insurance doesn't cover. People that live off the government/taxpayers can't understand the concept.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    If this guy had shot the thief before he started running away and called it in afterwards he probably would not be convicted for it (possibly not even arrested). As it is now given his shady history and the other circumstances he will likely go to prison for this, though if I were on a jury I'd be tempted to nullify just because I hate thieves. IMO mere drug users and even drug dealers are better people than thieves.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If this guy had shot the thief before he started running away and called it in afterwards he probably would not be convicted for it (possibly not even arrested). As it is now given his shady history and the other circumstances he will likely go to prison for this, though if I were on a jury I'd be tempted to nullify just because I hate thieves. IMO mere drug users and even drug dealers are better people than thieves.

'Zactly! And in most cases, if one is either, (thief/drug user), they always seem to be both eventually.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    When someone steals from you, they are literally taking the portion of your life that was spent earning whatever it is they are stealing. You can spend more of your life to replace what was stolen, but you can never get the time back that was spent in the first place. Thieves are little murders.

Exactly. IMO fed up citizens executing thieves will do more to deter theft than the slap on the wrist the "justice" system provides.

According to some facebook posts here are the criminal histories for both men involved.

Shooter:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=658724464260985

Shootee:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=658724554260976

Last edited:
    Top Bottom