• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Oh boy... you let the top secret range out! Bob has a pretty nice set up out there with steel, you just need to check with him first, and follow his rules to the letter..... You may also, out of consideration for Mr Arnold, want to take his information down off of a public forum.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Aww so...is this DirtyD's top secret go to location.

While the info would technically be helpful to me, I agree with DirtyD on this one. You don't post someone else's personal info on an internet forum without their personal permission. If he wanted everyone to know it, he would advertise. Out of respect I will not copy it down and you should edit your post to remove it.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    FYI, I went out to Bob's Sunday. He now has signs posted stating that if you are not LEO or have special permission from him the range is now closed due to acts of vandelism.....

shootmore steel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    In Confusion
    Check with Texas Parks & Wild Life. Also The Texas forest Service. There are ranges set aside in many of the forest areas in east Texas. They are hot, and open, and you must use judgement in where, when and who your shoot with (as all public land) but it is an alternative. In all cases please. Take your best shot but leave only foot prints. pack it in pack it out.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    DirtyD, Bob hands out his business card for the handgun classes. I haven't been there in about 3 weeks, I took my grandson with me. What the heck is Leo? I guess I need to call him before I go there next time.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    LEO is law enforccement officer, I am aware that Bob hands out his cards, however last time I talked to him he handed them out for his classes. He has been talking for a while now about actually gating access to his range because too many "uninvited" people are using the range.

ChrisV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Montgomery, Texas
    I'm getting started on building a shooting range/course. I haven't decided to open it to the public our just for friends. If I could come up with a way to make money but not talk to customers, I would be happy. On the other hand if I open it up for friends to shoot with then I could keep my money and have friends. So much confusion.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    The problem with opening it up to the public would be that some of the money you make will have to be spent to clean up after them. Making it a private range would hopefully avoid the problem of people trashing the place. Handle it like a deer lease - make individual or group arrangements, charge what you think is fair, then give out a gate key.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I use to hunt in the Sam Houston National forest a long time ago, when you didn't need a permit. We also use go there after the hunting season and do some plinking. The forest Rangers didn't give us a hard time about it. Especially since we made sure we left the area better than we found it. You may want to contact them and ask about going out there and doing some shooting.

[url]http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/texas/recreation/sam_houston/samhouston_gen_info.shtml[/URL]

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Don't forget the insurance cost of having a "public" range.
    That is one heck of a liability.
    If you have a "area" where you and your friends go plinking now and then, you liability is way less.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I talked to a couple gentlemen the last time I was at Bob's and they said someone was shooting the pistol targets with high powered rifles. It seems nobody can catch them. I told them I would help repair anything that needed it, all they had to do was just say the word.

ErikE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Katy, Tx
    Where do TGT'ers meet in Houston?

So where do TGT'ers meet here in Houston? I shoot at American Shooting Center simply because I live in Katy and it's reasonally close. I try to shoot at least once a month, pratice with my carry and just plinking with my 22's but it costs me about $20 every time I go.

Top Bottom