APOD Firearms

Shooting instructor needed for BSA event!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dissy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Austin, Tx.
    I am trying to set up a BSA shooting merit badge at Lone Star gun range. He is willing to work with me but I might need to bring my own instructor for this event. I am looking for some help with this. I need someone who is a certifyed instructor for this event. I would love it if you are a BSA certifyed shooting instructor but I will be cool with NRA certifyed.
    The event will take place on April 18,2009.
    Can someone out there PLEASE help me? I will go over what I need out of the instructor.

maniacmama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Round Rock, Texas
    Howdy Dissy!

All BSA Certified instructors MUST be NRA Certified in the appropriate discipline. I see you are also located in the Austin area, and I have the contact information for the Capital Area Council Shooting Sports Director. Also, most districts have an intermediary contact who has a list of certified instructors for their own district. The CAC is perhaps the best start if you are unaware of your district contact. I and my husband are certified Range Safety Officers, and certified in Rifle and Pistol and certified with the BSA. We are unavailable on the 18th, but if your dates change perhaps we can be of assistance. If you still have a need please contact me off board.

akarfal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Johnson county
    NRA Instructor

I am a qualified NRA instructor in home safety, pistol, rifle, and shootgun. I hold classes in Johnson County. Can't make this shoot, maybe another time. I am retired with time during the week when I and not holding a class or week-ends when I am not set up at MKT Hall or Will Rogers gun shows.

Note: my general liability dosn't cover LEO's or Security Guards. I don't do CHL, only NRA type and Defensive firearms type.

dissy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Austin, Tx.
    Thanks to all for the responce

Thanks for responding and I would like to talk to yall more on this. I canceled that shoot. I could really use the help on this. I am not sure of what I need to cover to make the BSA happy, I have a list of what they except.
    Hit me up some time and we will talk more. I am in N.W. Austin are.

Top Bottom