• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Brother-in-Law is coming into town in a couple weeks. He wants to shoot, I rarely shoot these days, just collect guns i guess.

Is there any land where we can go and set up a table and some targets, maybe water jugs or get some steel?
    I know BLM is almost non-existent, what are my other options?

I live in the Eagle Mountain Area, and his best friend is in Southlake. So preferably somewhere in between, but we'll go anywhere reasonable
    Venture Surplus ad

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I am not sure of any public land that is open for such.
    How long of a range are you looking to shoot at?
    Quail Creek off I35W just north of 114 does have pistol, rifle (50/100yd) ranges. Nice place, decent Range Officers. That is probably about as close to in the middle you will get. There is another range Northeast of Decatur on FM51 that has some longer ranges. I’d have to go search to see what they are called.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Cross Bar Management Area
    The Cross Bar is the only BLM-administered land in the State of Texas. It is a 12,000-acre tract originally purchased by the Federal government in 1931. Currently, the BLM does not have public access…

and, shooting on someone elses land without permission would be a big no=no.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    rman, won't help you any but just so other folks know.
    ---
    The closest place to the Metroplex to shoot free on public land that I know of is, the LBJ National Grasslands. Unit #3, just west of Alvord (off CR 1590) which is out northwest of Decatur. AND they only allow shotguns. Take a trash bag and carry out more than ya brung in!

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I am not sure of any public land that is open for such.
    How long of a range are you looking to shoot at?
    Quail Creek off I35W just north of 114 does have pistol, rifle (50/100yd) ranges. Nice place, decent Range Officers. That is probably about as close to in the middle you will get. There is another range Northeast of Decatur on FM51 that has some longer ranges. I’d have to go search to see what they are called.

Everyone has suggested that range, seems they do not allow FMJ for long guns. That’s a no-go for us, wanted get a few ARs sighted in and I’ve got some new lancers I wanted to function check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    Magnum gun range in Sanger. Don't care what you shoot. Hand gun lanes. Long gun to 200 yards. Not anything to look at. Very functional. Call first. This rain may close long gun range.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Thanks guys, I’ll check it out.

He’s not coming till the 17th, I hope it dries up by then

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Might be a bit of a drive for you since it’s in the southern part of the DFW metroplex, but txgunrange.com off 287 in between Midlothian and Mansfield allow FMJ at their 100 yard rifle range.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Magnum gun range in Sanger. Don't care what you shoot. Hand gun lanes. Long gun to 200 yards. Not anything to look at. Very functional. Call first. This rain may close long gun range.

Any idea what the rate is? I can never get through to them on the phone. Seems like a cool range.

Top Bottom