shooting on your own land

Texas45

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
Look a little closer. That regulates the activity of hunting with a firearm and only applies when the land is both in the unincorporated part of the county AND in a platted subdivision.

Recreational shooting is not addressed in that ordinance, and land, no matter the size, that is not in a platted subdivision is not subject to that ordinance.

Well my point was more that the info he seeks is readily available.

I did read it.

But you (he) can find the answer with a little research.

I did exactly that for my lands county (caldwell).

But advice from a web site is always better right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas45

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Dec 10, 2020
Not where you are
I have 17 acres in Caldwell Co. and spoke with the Sheriffs Office and the game warden to confirm everything was good and they said 10 acres or more and you are good to go. My neighbor kept saying that shooting at night was a federal offense which the Sheriffs Office and game warded stated is not true.

The Sergeant I spoke with also stated that even though it is legal to shoot, sometimes neighbors will call them to complain. He stated they usually send a Deputy out to make contact and make sure everyone is being safe.

Actually unincorporated parts of Caldwell its way less 2.1 acres is all ya need.
My land is in caldwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
I have a pdf of an old NRA range design book. I'm not sure if we're allowed to post it here, but it has good info on building indoor and outdoor ranges including info on berm construction.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post it!

Mohawk600

Well-Known
Mar 31, 2018
Austin
If you are outside the city limits in this case the city of Burnet.

Can you shoot rifles and pistols if you have 5 acres of land ? and are 300 yrds from any buildings that are not your own ?

And for a final answer who would I contact to find out for sure I know asking a sheriff would in most cases be pointless as each one will have a different answer.

Call the po-po (sheriff) and identify yourself as a gun owner. That sounds like a good idea.

ScorpionHunter

Aug 22, 2012
Driftwood
It’s why I use suppressors shooting on my property. It’s legal, but I don’t have time to deal with skittish neighbors. If a gun is fired in a forest and no one hears it…

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics