• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    i want to say that its everytime i shoot.. but its been a LONG time since ive shot. it irritated me and in turned irritated big so i try to stay away from it...
    Guns International

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    no, big and i were going over this last night.. its sa/da. im not a hundred percent sure about anything else except its a cz.... 40?
    <oh wait.. i think its a cz 75.. maybe, shoot idk.. big?>
    It is a DA/SA that means it is a DA first shot and a SA second shot. And good save on the model. ;)
    CZ-75 is a double action for the first shot then single action after that. Do you have trouble with all the shots or just that first one?
    She has trouble in SA, I don't think she has ever shot DA first shot with it. And good sight pic BTW. And the rounds she has fired are all 40 and 165 and 180 grain. I think I want her to shoot with a 22 and then a 45 and then go back to my snappy little 40.

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmm. Have her do a lot of dry fire exercises and get very use to that trigger. Make sure she is putting even constant pressure on it with the end pad of her finger. Remember, squeeze dont jerk. Flinching is something that I think every shooter has to overcome, be it with a snappy handgun or a hard recoiling long gun. Its just one of those things.

Phoebe Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    XXBigs, I'm glad you asked this because, as a beginner, I have many of the same questions.

One thing I hear from you is the mental aspect of the anticipated recoil. While muscle memory and familiarity with the gun is critical, I think overcoming the mental aspect is important as well. At the risk of sounding too "psycho-babble" ish, do some self talk that you don't have to fear the recoil. If you read your posts, you say you can't overcome this and will always flinch. The devil is speaking to you girl, rebuke him. :p It's mental and physical. Both of which you can overcome. The gun is your friend, you have authority over it.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I hope I can get my future wife to at least be a bit more interested in learning to shoot better.

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    XXBigs, I'm glad you asked this because, as a beginner, I have many of the same questions.

One thing I hear from you is the mental aspect of the anticipated recoil. While muscle memory and familiarity with the gun is critical, I think overcoming the mental aspect is important as well. At the risk of sounding too "psycho-babble" ish, do some self talk that you don't have to fear the recoil. If you read your posts, you say you can't overcome this and will always flinch. The devil is speaking to you girl, rebuke him. :p It's mental and physical. Both of which you can overcome. The gun is your friend, you have authority over it.

well everytime ive ever done it i always tell myself things like that... its ridiculous.. i know the gun is my friend and for some reason its the same thing E V E R Y T I M E! now, come sat, im gonna be the boss

hopefully

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Before you go to the range go to academy and pick up one of those $100 buck .22 six shot revolvers and a brick of LR and have a blast! Sounds to me like you just need more practice.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Before you go to the range go to academy and pick up one of those $100 buck .22 six shot revolvers and a brick of LR and have a blast! Sounds to me like you just need more practice.
    I would like to second this motion! Hey man how is the quiting smoking thing going? <hint to my wife> You hangin in there?

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I would like to second this motion! Hey man how is the quiting smoking thing going? <hint to my wife> You hangin in there?

Man I think I wooped it this time around Not one cig (about 4 mnths)and I am down to a couple pieces of gum a day and not having any bad cravings!

Top Bottom