• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Hey All,

I'm new to TX and looking for a shooting range. I'm located in NW San Antonio.

Ideally I want a place that will let me shoot my own ammunition, let me draw from a holster, has a programmable target system so I can set my own target distances without waiting for a cease fire and won;t give me a hard time when i reclaim my brass.

I have to admit I'm a bit spoiled by my last shooting range. I payed for my lane and was free to train and the RSOs did a good job of keeping it safe.

It's been a year since I touched my pistol or AR. Want to get those skills back on point starting with pistol for IDPA.

Any pointers for IDPA competitions in the area would be appreciated as well.

I appreciate any feedback.
    Guns International

UncleSamsMisguidedChild

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    San Antonio
    With the exception of programmable targets, Cedar Ridge range fits your criteria. They have multiple small firing lines so you can call your own cease fire without affecting a bunch of other shooters and visa versa. They have IDPA competitions out there and if I recall correctly, lanes dedicated to it. Plus they charge by the person not the gun. The owner Greg is a great guy, some people complain about his safety briefing when you visit but I find it comforting to know some idiot isn't going to be muzzling me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Thinks for the tip. I actually found Cedar Ridge online this afternoon. I'll definitely head out there at some point.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    With the exception of programmable targets, Cedar Ridge range fits your criteria. They have multiple small firing lines so you can call your own cease fire without affecting a bunch of other shooters and visa versa. They have IDPA competitions out there and if I recall correctly, lanes dedicated to it. Plus they charge by the person not the gun. The owner Greg is a great guy, some people complain about his safety briefing when you visit but I find it comforting to know some idiot isn't going to be muzzling me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

+1 - That just say about covers what I was going to say as well.

RugerFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Besides renting a private bay at The Bullet Hole where else can i shoot my rifle standing up?

bigdon71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    The Republic of Texas
    I rent the private bay at The Bullet Hole. I like to shoot and move at the same time. Sideways movement while shooting, engaging multiple targets, etc...

No programmable target system and I am not too sure about the brass situation. But for good practicing of tactical shooting situations, this is a good place. I would love to hear of others that let you practice every day situational shooting without being an IDPA match or league you have to join.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom