• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm here till March on business and wanted to go shooting. I looked on google and the only place I found is a 60 dollar annual fee which I won't benefit from. Is there anywhere to shoot pistol that doesn't require a membership? The only membership I have is a range in central texas near my home.
    Hurley's Gold

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I would ask around at the local gun shops. If people locally know, that is where to find them.

Either that or just shoot from this side across the Rio Grande. Mexico makes a great backstop. If anyone tries to cross and come after you, just call Immigration.

Wait, maybe don't do that, They have alot of guns over there, and they have better access to the really good ones.

dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    El Paso, Texas
    If you dont have your Texas CHL yet, you can attend one of my classes and go out to the range with us. We go out to an area in the desert that's a shooting area. Its out toward the Red Sands area. Theres also an area in the Anthony Gap.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Thanks. Have had my CHL for awhile now, guess I will check out the pits if it isn't to far. I'm next to Patriot freeway (52) near the Cassidy gate and Chaffee gate.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Fort Bliss Rod and Gun will let you pay per session with no annual membership required. look them up online for directions.

I also go out to the desert. There is an area out here on the Westside of town. I'll be going out there this afternoon to try out some new steel targets and a new G21 I just got.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah I was wondering about Bliss. I am a contractor so I don't know all the rules for this particular military installation. I know Ft. Hood I can register my weapon and go shoot at their club.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    You don't actually enter fort bliss to get to the range....it is in Northeast El Paso out off of Loop 375 ( probably about 15-20 minutes from where I think you said you were ). The website has a map....real easy to find. Since you don't actually enter Fort Bliss...you don't have to worry about your fire arms on a military base.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I will look into that then. I'm hoping I can find a 1911 to my liking at the nearby gun stores.

Stores here are really high-priced. i buy all mine online. Get much cheaper prices. There is a gun shop on Mesa called Collectors Gun exchange. He is high also, but has alot of 1911's, or he did last time I was in there about a year ago. Hope you find something cool...

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I picked up a Taurus 1911 for the first 1911 I will ever own now. Bought it at the Academy down near the Sunland Park mall. Now all I need is either a range buddy or alot of ammo to go to the range with and play some.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    I picked up a Taurus 1911 for the first 1911 I will ever own now. Bought it at the Academy down near the Sunland Park mall. Now all I need is either a range buddy or alot of ammo to go to the range with and play some.

too funny....I just sold a Taurus PT1911 that I had been trying to sell for months. Finally sold it about 2 weeks ago and now have a Glock Gen 4 G21. Have yet to shoot it. Was going to go shhot it Friday, but kiddo didnt want to go. In Tuscon for the weekend. Need to also go shhot this week. Maybe we can go one day this week.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah, preferably a weekend. My current work is heavily loaded down right now and I get off at 5pm and it's almost to dark to shoot anything at that point but I do think I have friday and monday off as well. I will have to see what's going on. I definitely plan on going Saturday or Sunday for sure, I need to head to walmart and buy about 250 rounds.

EODbusch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Central Texas
    Fort Bliss Rod and Gun will let you pay per session with no annual membership required. look them up online for directions.

I also go out to the desert. There is an area out here on the Westside of town. I'll be going out there this afternoon to try out some new steel targets and a new G21 I just got.

+1

Was there last winter doing contract work and the Rod and Gun club is open to all. Very nice place with a lot of ranges.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah, a few of my co-workers want to go out with me since they don't live in Texas and can't buy a gun here. We are all contractors so you know how that goes. Galavanting around the country and all.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Well I went to the Bliss rod and gun club today and that place is pretty amazing. I haven't had a range I can drive up to in a long time and I enjoyed that place. I definitely will be visiting as often as I can.

Top Bottom