• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I need some new ones to shoot off the bench and had an idea. Shot bags are hard to come by, but I have some old Levis that are worn out and I can use the legs. Instead of sand I am thinking about airsoft pellets. Would'nt have to sew them up, I could use pop rivets since the pellets are larger. They also won't weigh much at all and you can still form them to the gun.
    Anyone ever tried it? Thoughts?

Just an idea!
    Venture Surplus ad

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Believe it or not one of the best things I found is kitty litter. That sure is a good idea using the blue jeans. I was going to use pillow cases but I'm sure they wouldn't last long.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Making sand bag rests out of the legs on old worn out blue jeans have always been a $ saving deal for many. I'm just not gonna pay what they want for the leather rests commercially. Gotta cut costs on shooting expenses for me wherever and whenever I can. Put them up and store them when not in use and they will last you a good long time being careful with them.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Yeah I see a weight problem affecting stability and unless you pack it tight which kind of defeats the purpose, I duuno how well it would work. Now kitty litter in bluejeans sounds good, just dont get it wet. Why not use something like a pea gravel in the jeans? Should be comparable in size as airsoft and have more heft.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Have you ever tried it? Even sand bags have to be readjusted after anything other than a .22. I just thought it might be a good cheap project to try out.

Yep, but with sandbags you can pack and mold and shape and get good stablity for bench shooting. Airsoft pellets won't allow you to do that.

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    I made these today. Nail aprons from bigbox lumber yard $1.70 each. Cut off the tie ends, Double Sewed up the opening with the wifes sewing machine except for enought to put in a funnel. Drove down to the neighborhood creek and loaded them up with sand. I sewed up the last little bit by hand. You can get them too full. I think they will work and didn't cost much. because they have two compartments if you don't fill them too full they fold over and you have 2 in 1

Nailbagsandbag3.jpg

Nailbagsandbag2.jpg

Top Bottom