• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TenaciousTanaka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Greetings folks, I apologize ahead of time IF this is the incorrect forum. Real brief question though:

What/who would you all suggest as the ultimate ONE-STOP ON-LINE SHOP for all things accessories relates i.e. reloading equipment/supplies, powder, parts, leather etc. etc? I'd thought about Midway but I keep hearing they are high. ???

I don't mind shopping around various websites but buying a little from this guy and a little from that guy gets expensive when all those shipping prices are considered.

I'd really rather do this sort of perusing in person but I hate running all over town just to piece together my "grocery" list.
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think you'll find that many of your local places have things for within a dollar or two of the big online retailers. Might try giving them a try also, sometimes you can save money when you only want a common little part.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Midway is OK. Brownells is OK. Natchez is OK

Shop online but check with your local businesses. You WILL need a person to talk face to face with eventually. Establish relationships. A little more now for an accessory can pay huge dividends later when you have a problem or question. You just walk into a gun shop for the first time with a laundry list of questions and zero $ in your pocket you are unlikely to get a "complete" answer. Go to your online merchant with your question and see how long it takes to get an answer.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    You guys have got to be kidding...

Our local stores (well...most of them) are much higher than most online sources. Many times, I find that the cost of shipping (which is not so high now that fuel is cheaper than it was 6-8 months ago) still makes the item cheaper than paying the inflated local store price and sales tax.

I am all for supporting local guys and will many times buy something locally if its within a few bucks of what it costs online. However, when I see crazy mark-ups at some retailers...forget it...I am buying online. Those of you living in the Houston area know good and well that many gunstore in our area are VERY high compared to most online sources. I mean...really...who the hell buys from Gander Mountain or Collectors Firearms unless you dig spending like the AIG execs? LOL

This might upset some local retailers but in this economy, it is more important than ever that as a shooter, I keep this hobby as low cost as possible. This hobby is not as cheap as it was even 2-3 years ago. I realize that local stores have to pay for their store and employees, but I to have kids and financial obligations and in the end...this IS a hobby for the most part and if it gets too expensive, well I won't be shooting much at all. Everything around us is going up, up, up from taxes to utilities to the cost of ammunition and since most of us are not Bill Gates, there will come a point where gun related stuff will get too rich for many and we'll stop buying altogether.

Sorry, but this is the world we live in. I did not create this economic environment and God knows I did not vote for it but I have to live in it and make the best of it.

- brickboy240

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you want a one source for "everything guns" Midway and Brownells as already mentioned are the most complete. You would probably be better off shopping the individual item. Like for Optics and Holsters, Optic Planet carries a lot and has good pricing. Although they don't carry "everything" I like Top Gun Supply. Reasonable pricing and terrific customer service.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Yes...Midway, Brownells and Top Gun Supply are all very good people to deal with. I buy from those guys often.

For ammo, try Ammunition to Go or Ammoman.com.

- brickboy240

dcs12345

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Temple
    I would suggest that you get a C&R FFL03, costs $30 and is good for 3 years. You can get dealer cost at MidwayUSA, Brownells etc... I have saved hundreds of $$$.

You can also get C&R eligible rifles and handguns shipped directly to your door from the dealer, such as Aim Surplus and JG Sales, with no transfer cost.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I guess would matter if your shopping for one type of weapon or multiple, but i don't really think there will ever be a "one-stop-shop". if you're a "glock" person there is glockstore.com, still doesn't have everything, but has alot. I'm sure there are other "brandspecific" sites as well as others listed earlier that carry a broader selection

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    I recently ran out of Weapon Shield and went to a online site to reorder. The cost of a 4oz bottle was $7.95 but with shipping and handling it came to $15.90. That is quite a large shipping and handling charge if you ask me for something that weighs just 4oz! I'll just stick to whatever is sold locally before I pay that!
    Once I bought four little plastic magazine thumb loaders from Sportsmans Guide (before I discovered the UPLULA) which only weighed a couple onces total but final cost was more than double the original costs because they sent a bunch of sale item brochures and a catalog. Not a bargain! S & H charges can turn a good price into a very bad deal, IMHO. Buy locally when you can!

Top Bottom