Shops or Private that Sell Mosins in Houston

commandernavi

Jun 22, 2011
Houston
Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have been having an incredibly hard time finding a Mosin Nagant rifle in all of Houston for a reasonable price. The only place I saw them is at Collectors Firearms for over 300 bucks. Do you have any recommendations for people or places in Houston?

I am looking to get an M44, though if that isn't possible then an 91/30 will do too I suppose. Any advice? Hoping to find something under 150 if that's reasonable.

Thanks.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
91/30s at reasonable prices are ~$150 and under depending on. M44s used to be about the same price, but more lately they've been creeping up in price and are generally ~$200/250+.

Doc Roe

Feb 12, 2013
I'm in the market for a 91/30 myself. Only problem is, I'm holding out for a hex receiver (ideally an ex-sniper) that's in relatively good condition (good bore, solid action, wood that's still in one piece).

OP, if you aren't -too- particular, poke around ArmsList and TGTrader in your spare time. Edit: I literally -just- found someone in Houston who is selling a 91/30 that's almost exactly what I've been looking for. Admittedly, the guy's asking a little more than I'd normally want to pay, but part of me just doesn't give a shit.

Last edited:

Doc Roe

Feb 12, 2013
i just opened a shop up in dallas, ive got 10 chinese mosins coming in next week for 170 a piece.
Please, God, tell me they aren't those shitty Type 53s that CTD has (for about the same price, ironically).

Edit: Corrected model number.

Last edited:

commandernavi

Jun 22, 2011
Houston
That's not bad, but it has to be in or near Houston. I just want something to shoot to last out this ammo and gun famine we are currently experiencing. I can get ammo for a Mosin for much cheaper than for my .308 any day, especially in this climate. Are there any small FFL dealers (like some person who sells out of their house) any of you have purchased a Mosin from? Maybe I can find one that way.

Doc Roe

Feb 12, 2013
Well, keep me posted if ya don't mind. Where exactly is your shop located, anyway?

chubbyzook

Dec 1, 2009
houston
Gander mountain gets a huge stock of them every once in a while. There is also a bunch of tables at gun shows that have them.

Top Bottom