• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • commandernavi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Houston
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have been having an incredibly hard time finding a Mosin Nagant rifle in all of Houston for a reasonable price. The only place I saw them is at Collectors Firearms for over 300 bucks. Do you have any recommendations for people or places in Houston?

I am looking to get an M44, though if that isn't possible then an 91/30 will do too I suppose. Any advice? Hoping to find something under 150 if that's reasonable.

Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    91/30s at reasonable prices are ~$150 and under depending on. M44s used to be about the same price, but more lately they've been creeping up in price and are generally ~$200/250+.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I'm in the market for a 91/30 myself. Only problem is, I'm holding out for a hex receiver (ideally an ex-sniper) that's in relatively good condition (good bore, solid action, wood that's still in one piece).

OP, if you aren't -too- particular, poke around ArmsList and TGTrader in your spare time. Edit: I literally -just- found someone in Houston who is selling a 91/30 that's almost exactly what I've been looking for. Admittedly, the guy's asking a little more than I'd normally want to pay, but part of me just doesn't give a shit.

Last edited:

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    i just opened a shop up in dallas, ive got 10 chinese mosins coming in next week for 170 a piece.

Please, God, tell me they aren't those shitty Type 53s that CTD has (for about the same price, ironically).

Edit: Corrected model number.

Last edited:

commandernavi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Houston
    That's not bad, but it has to be in or near Houston. I just want something to shoot to last out this ammo and gun famine we are currently experiencing. I can get ammo for a Mosin for much cheaper than for my .308 any day, especially in this climate. Are there any small FFL dealers (like some person who sells out of their house) any of you have purchased a Mosin from? Maybe I can find one that way.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Well, keep me posted if ya don't mind. Where exactly is your shop located, anyway?

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    Gander mountain gets a huge stock of them every once in a while. There is also a bunch of tables at gun shows that have them.

commandernavi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Houston
    I just called Gander Mountain and unfortunately they don't have any in stock. :( Any other places? I am finding it hard to believe that there is not a single shop (not a gun show) one can go to in Houston that has one for a reasonable price (as in less than 300 for regular ones).

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    Good luck trying to find a private-party Mosin period, regardless of condition. I spent years looking that wasn't outrageously priced from '08-'11 and only saw maybe four or five total that were worth the effort, and ZERO M44's that were worth it.

I would check the gun shows. I know I've seen M91/30's popping up still for about $119 at some tables, but they're typically mismatched and not in the best condition. Seeing as how the market's beginning to tighten up a lot, and the fact that the Russians have recently announced that they're going to destroy a batch of about 4,000,000 of them rather than import them here... I would predict that your search is about to get a lot harder, which is a shame because they're pretty fun guns to shoot.

If you still have the chance to catch the Auction, there's a guy on Texas Gun Forum that's selling one that looks like it comes with a Synth stock, scope, and two boxes of ammo for $250: Poor boy "scout rifle" for sale!

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have been having an incredibly hard time finding a Mosin Nagant rifle in all of Houston for a reasonable price. The only place I saw them is at Collectors Firearms for over 300 bucks. Do you have any recommendations for people or places in Houston?

I am looking to get an M44, though if that isn't possible then an 91/30 will do too I suppose. Any advice? Hoping to find something under 150 if that's reasonable.

Thanks.

I just bought a Mosin that's in great shape from Cabela's in Plano. They've been getting lots in over the past few weeks. I got it for $150. I'm pretty sure all Cabela's in Texas have them in stock. You should call them tomorrow to check if they have them in stock. Let me know if you find one because I'm interested in buying another one.

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    Crazy timing, just picked up my Mosin Nagant M91/30 from my FFL yesterday. Budsgunshop.com is selling them for $139 in "Excellent Condition". Numbers matched, wood is all in one piece, and they actually shipped it out in a reasonable amount of time (5 days after ordered). There's reviews stating that some people are receiving a hex receiver as well.

Take a look: Mosin-Nagant M91/30 7.62X54R Excellent Condition $139.00 SHIPS FREE

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Austin
    They've got tons up north. I got mine in MI last year for $120 w/ matching numbers. Two of my brothers and my dad all got hex's with matching numbers at the same time and price. I've got family coming down in April and am thinking about having them bring me a couple more, I really want one to modernize.

commandernavi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Houston
    Thanks for the link to Bud's. Unfortunately it's not loading the site for whatever reason and we also don't have a Cabelas in the Houston area. Is there really no place I could just drive this weekend and pick one up within the city or suburbs. Willing to pay up to 170 for a matching 91/30 with okay wood. :/

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Thanks for the link to Bud's. Unfortunately it's not loading the site for whatever reason and we also don't have a Cabelas in the Houston area. Is there really no place I could just drive this weekend and pick one up within the city or suburbs. Willing to pay up to 170 for a matching 91/30 with okay wood. :/

Bud's is down from time to time as of late. Got both my 44 and 91 from Bud's and both were in excellent condition.

Top Bottom