Short Barrel shotgun questiion

Shady

TGT Addict
Aug 24, 2013
Like all big kids I decided a long time ago I had to have a mad max sawed off shotgun :).

So with the new efile thing and my trusty trust from willmaker I am going to jump on the efile bad wagon and get this sucker underway.

I have a stoeger sidexside 12 ga. I have a notarized trust. I have a computer,credit card, and inter net lol.

My question is when asked for the manufacturer do I put Stoeger Inc USA or The gun is also marked E.R. Amantino Brazil ?

If I use stoeger on the atf web page it has the coach gun listed as an option If I use the other one I can verify it but then there are no guns listed on the drop down menu on the next page.

Also when it asks for barrel length and overall size I assume that they want what you are going to cut it down to ? And say if I put 11" barrel and 18.5 overall can I then latter on cut the barrel down to say 8" or get another barrel and chop it down so I can always go back to the 11" ?

thanks

I am also building a 12ga and 20 ga SxS short barrel shotguns. One is also an ER Amantino. Waiting on FORM 1 approvals. I want a 14" and 12" coach guns.

Make it easy. In 4a Stoeger put as the manufacturer.
In the box 4H, additional information: put ER Amantino, Brazil . Also include your trust name, city and state in Block 4H.

Put the finished SBR Length, not the current length.

You can change barrel lengths later. I have read you are supposed to notify the ATF to revise the Form 1 but doubt anyone does.

Have fun
RFA

Shady

TGT Addict
Aug 24, 2013
thanks

hey one other quick on on the 12 ga does the stock have checkering on both sides ? I found it strange that the one I got is only checkered on one side.

Shady

TGT Addict
Aug 24, 2013
Ok now I have one vote for each ? any tie breaker. I am only interested in the correct one to use on the atf form 1

Ok now I have one vote for each ? any tie breaker. I am only interested in the correct one to use on the atf form 1
Stoeger, (which is is owned by Benelli,) imported and marketed the gun to be sold in the USA under their brand name.

Thus I said keep it simple and use Stoeger since it is popping up on the ATF E-Form as coach gun.

However ER Armantino, Brazil, physically made the shotgun.

Have fun
RFA

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas

Does the form ask for the manufacturer or the importer? Whichever one it asks for write that down.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
I don't know about RFA, but Renegade has the professional credentials to back up his statements. I'd follow his advice.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
Feb 7, 2009
Houston, TX
I was told by ATF that the importer is the manufacturer.

this re a Benelli super 90 imported by hK USA.

i put the importer.

Top Bottom