• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is there a buffer tube I can buy that will allow the Sig Brace to go far enough forward to allow the brace to mate up with the sling plate?

This is what I have right now.....

P1010573_zps46d9508d.gif

P1010574_zps8428d11b.gif

Thanks MP
    Capitol Armory ad

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Most pistol buffer tubes are carbine length but I've used BM and JSE "shorty" buffer tubes on a few pistol builds that after some tweaking worked nicely.

I'm long out of the pistol builds and well into SBR builds now though so I'm not sure how these short buffers would work with the sleeves as the sleeves came out well after my stamps started coming in.

Vern1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Pettytown, Texas US of A
    For a carbine length with smooth back or lightly rounded back, look for an ACE pistol stock or a PWS pistol stock.
    I've used both and they work well, the PWS is built stronger and has spots for a QD on either side at back of receiver.
    The PWS worked very nicely with my Noveske 10.5" NM 5.56 1/7 barrel.

The Gunsmoke Enterprises shorty pistol buffer is also nice and works well after it is broken it, it takes a few shots, then it works very well.
    I've had one of these on different pistols in 223, 5.56 and 6.8 and they work well and make a really short pistol.
    My 6.8x43 with a 8.5" barrel with VIAS comp and this buffer was 22.25" long from the tip of barrel to the back of the sling mount ring on buffer.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Update....

OK....so if you're thinking about the above mention tube/buffer set be advised that the tube is 1.25" in diameter - somewhat larger than the 1.2" the Sig advise is the maximum for their brace..

P1010577_zps6c312b38.gif

it is possible to beat it on there though and gives the effect that I was looking for

apart from the 1/4" gap at the butt:
    P1010578_zps13019e69.gif

Oh well, maybe I can find something to fill that with.

All in all an OK project - if the brace doesn't split at some point!

Upper is supposed to be delivered on Tuesday :fireworks:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I was just thinking about a shorter tube today. I want to get a 7.5 barrel. Do they make hand guards, that fit the top rail. Similar to the bushmaster pistol?

"Sent from a iBong6"

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    Regardless of of buffer tube length, the last 1" of so, the SIG brace will have to "screwed up" to the backing plate.......PIA, but it can be done. Check out KAK Industries KAK Industry LLC
    Here my 7.5" pistol
    ARDBMP2_zps978d5910.jpg

Top Bottom