• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    She fails to eject but strips off a round from the mag.

I'm thinking failure to extract? Six rounds tops.

I ordered an extraction kit from Wyndham(cheapest place I could find)because I got a lot of movement on the extractor with my finger. Just like moving the a/c tensioner on my truck with my finger but that's for another forum.

Is there a shop in NWHouston that stocks small AR parts because $6.50 shipping sucks?

Thanks
    Target Sports

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She fails to eject but strips off a round from the mag.

I'm thinking failure to extract? Six rounds tops.

I ordered an extraction kit from Wyndham(cheapest place I could find)because I got a lot of movement on the extractor with my finger. Just like moving the a/c tensioner on my truck with my finger but that's for another forum.

Is there a shop in NWHouston that stocks small AR parts because $6.50 shipping sucks?

Thanks

Some Bushmaster carbines of the early 2000's, were assembled @ factory with the "wrong" barrels; civvy models were fitted with the special "full metal jacket" chambering barrels. I had to learn this the HARD way. Good Luck to you! leVieux

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Using the finger test on my extractor it's really lose compared to a newer bushmaster extractor.

This gun was purchased by me used in '95-96 so I don't think it got a wrong barrel installed.

Thanks guys.
    My only mistake was in not buying several extractors to take advantage of the shipping costs.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Using the finger test on my extractor it's really lose compared to a newer bushmaster extractor.

This gun was purchased by me used in '95-96 so I don't think it got a wrong barrel installed.

Thanks guys.
    My only mistake was in not buying several extractors to take advantage of the shipping costs.

Since I did have the barrel problem and didn't recognize it for a decade, I was just trying to be helpful. leVieux

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Last edited:

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Thanks Bozz.

I grabbed another bolt group and will run it. If all is good then I will switch parts around until I find all the issues.

I'm thinking I should have grab be an ejector and spring as well but I'll catch that on my next order.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    She ran great with the borrowed bolt and Hotwells was very low key. Ultra super safe.

I was in and out in the time it would have taken me to drive to Tomball, even after catching up with Donovan(sp?)!

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I am new and need the post aswell

Not worthless pretense on years dead threads to fast track your way to self promotion.

This forum and its members value and respect meaningful contribution and participation.

None of which have you provided.

Neither did you answer about your relationship with the LGS you repeated promoted.

Unfortunate start here.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom