• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    WOW! It was fun and chewed up a bunch of ammo. In a shtf scenario I can see how it would be a game changer, especially if the OPFOR (opposing force) didn't the same thing or automatic weapons. And the shooter being able to keep sight alignment / picture, etc.... instead of spraying rounds into everything but the target.

I was hesitant to have it fired at our place as I didn't care to have LEO's show up to our place. Granted I am in a very rural area, with few neighbors, but still could imagine the sheriff's department being called (no LEO showed up FWIW).

I say this after reading stories about LEO's showing up after people started firing AR's equipped with a bumpfire. Not aware of anyone being hauled off for the ownership of this item, but all it takes is one LEO who doesn't know it's a legal piece of equipment and ..........

I don't know that I'll be buying one in the future, but it is something I'll think about.

Just thought I'd share. Again, it was a lot of fun!
    Capitol Armory ad

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I'm a little stingy with ammo, but if somebody comes out with a stock for an AK47 like that AR15 one, I will probably have to have one. I live out in the sticks and wouldn't expect any County Mounties to come to the scene of bumpfire but know a couple of them that are number one good guys, Might invite one out to shoot the critter himself.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm stingy with ammo too, but its nice to have the capability to rock and roll if you should decide that it is immediately necessary or just feel like slapping a huge smile on your face.

Being that between an NFA trust, a tax stamp, and a full auto M-16 could cost you around 20-30k, and the SSAR-15 costing $350, the latter seems to be the most fiscally responsible choice, and with a little practice, the same cycle rate... cant beat it.

As far as aesthetics, I don't think the stock is that ugly, reality is, ar's are pretty ugly anyway, and besides, a situation calling for the use of an AR is seldom a beauty competition.

Even though you can lock the stock and remain semi-auto only, I find the most difficult part of owning it is effectively resisting the temptation of flipping the lock lever and making some noise.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's kinda me - I'm thinking about it, but until I get a few more guns I don't plan on it. Then again, it IS an excellent way of burning through inheritance money that'd otherwise be wasted on the kids!(G)

Right, ChunkyMonkey and FuelFather?(I KNOW ya'll are reading this - you KNOW ya'll want one of 'em, too!!!)

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    I'm a little stingy with ammo, but if somebody comes out with a stock for an AK47 like that AR15 one, I will probably have to have one. I live out in the sticks and wouldn't expect any County Mounties to come to the scene of bumpfire but know a couple of them that are number one good guys, Might invite one out to shoot the critter himself.
    Use an Ace stock kit and you can use the Slide Fire on an AK.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Use an Ace stock kit and you can use the Slide Fire on an AK.
    Not true, will not work as designed. While the stock will fit, the part that you rest your finger on will be in the wrong place. It's not just the stock moving back and forth, it's the trigger finger being held solid in it's place that combines for the effect.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom