• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Boy, somebody way over paid trying to be cool.

There are different ways to question whether a product is worth the large expense for it.
    There is the way majormadmax did it, which isn't disrespectful to a long-time member of the board who took the time to shoot a vid and share his experience with something. It points out that there are less expensive options and kind of throws the question out there....Why is that product worth so much? Legitimate question and shows alternatives for those who may like the nice product, but can't shell out for it.

Then, there is the dickhead way to do it. Stop and think which of these two ways you went about bringing up your point.

Sometimes I'm a dumbass and put my foot in my mouth too. When I realize that, I pony up admit I was wrong. Let's see if you can do the same.

BTW - thanks Cody and M3 for sharing some jacket options for us.

Last edited:

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Pre 1970's expedition gear. And as far as the Jeep goes, It's left over from SAR days. it by virtue of light modification, has been used to save lives. I guess if I had a picture of a bloody body on a stretcher on the hood, I guess that might pass the test?? I guess I'll be a Dick Head. It doesn't nullify my opinion,or bolster yours.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Fabric Tech and garment design has come a long ways since the pre 70 days.

i bet the Eddie Bauer gear was pretty expensive in its market segment in those pre70s days compared to the alternatives.

i wonder. . . If there had been an internetz back then . . . Would we see someone telling you spent. Too much to look cool on your Gucci Eddie Bauer expedition gear . . Just sayin'.

And I respect your opinion. You use the gear and have experience with it.

There are cheaper options. Are there better options for less money? I guess it depends on where I. The box your priorities are.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    So I guess you're saying it's only overpaid and looking cool unless you pull a burning body out of a car or save a cat in a tree. Congrats! I'm more impressed than ever!!! I'm going to go buy a Ferrari and offer an old lady a ride across the street.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Lol. I do wonder what the price point of that high end Eddie Bauer was in the 70s. Then converted to today's dollars.

hevk, I wonder what the current price would be if it was American made?

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Uh, your guess is as good as anyone's. the whole get up was about $500 Parka, pants,boots and mittens. whatever the inflation rate is, probably the price of a small car now days. Probably couldn't be made here, when new it had almost 12 pounds of goose down. that probably violates several laws now.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    It was the Gucci gear of its day. I remember paying 250 for a north face goretex jacket in the early 80s. And 150 for a Sierra designs sleeping bag that I still use. Trust was comparable to current top end gear prices

Top Bottom