• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    This otte gear patrol jacket has the new russian digital camouflage pattern. This is the jacket that you grab when its wet, wendy and cold outside. It's well made, durable and should last a long time with hard use.

These lighweight parkas are durable, and offer complete weather protection. The outer shell is 3-layer eVent fabric. It is waterproof, fully seam-taped, and highly breathable.

The hood is a High mobility cut that stows in the collar. It has two adjustments and is helmet compatible. All zippers are YKK water resistant zippers. The parka has Pit zips to avoid overheating and help avoid internal moisture build-up. The chest area of the jacket has two deep chest pockets located above belt line that can be accessed while wearing a ruck

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    First use of the otte gear patrol jacket and ht parka combination Light urban use. Ambient temp 28f. Legs, hands and cold due to improper gear.

The rest of my body and head was comfortable and warm. Can't wait to get this system out in the field and use it in the conditions it was designed for.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    the gratuitous photo

Attachments

• 1560585_581060498642818_721511496_n.jpg
      1560585_581060498642818_721511496_n.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 155

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have been wearing the patrol jacket a lot the past few weeks

Range trip yesterday.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The outer jacket in the above video look like a clone of the Condor Summit, which can be had for $85 from Amazon. I wore mine in Japan during the worst storm Tokyo has experienced in 45 years, and while conditions were similar to those in your video, it keep me dry and reasonably warm. My only complaint is that the main zipper could be more robust, but I have had mine for a few years and have worn it all over the world, and so far it hasn't failed me yet...

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    And that is the question . . . Do you pay for otte or arcteryx or spend less on condor? I don't know the answer.

As far as the cool comment . . . It ain't about looking cool . . It's about being warms and dry and not having to buy new stuff for many years.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Boy, somebody way over paid trying to be cool.

How much do you know about this product? Just curious is you're gonna hurl insults to someone who took the time to write up/video SHOT reviews. I'm sure you own a piece of kit or 2 that the same could be said about by someone who just likes taking dumps on people's parades.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    And it is American made.

It is a complex garment to manufacture. Numerous pockets, numerous seams, numerous zippers. All have to be waterproofed. Each and every time.

It's technical with expensive components and expensive labor.

As far as condor, I don't even see a similar product. I do not see a hard shell jacket in their line. Condor is made in China. It has a great rep. I'll post some photos of my soft shell anorak to vampire with the condor. They are two different products though.

is otte gear for everyone? No.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The outer jacket in the above video look like a clone of the Condor Summit, which can be had for $85 from Amazon....

the condor summit is a soft shell jacket. I'll pull out my vertx soft shell and see if I can find a condor for a comparison.

some comments on the condor summit that I found:

windproof, and is SOMEWHAT rainproof.

In light-medium rain and mist I have not had any issues whatsoever.

in heavy rain it will leak at the seams.

There is no seam sealer on this jacket,

there are seams right along the tops of the shoulders that should have been located elsewhere.

this is to illustrate the difference between the hard shell and the soft shell

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    How much do you know about this product? Just curious is you're gonna hurl insults to someone who took the time to write up/video SHOT reviews. I'm sure you own a piece of kit or 2 that the same could be said about by someone who just likes taking dumps on people's parades.
    !. I don't own any kit crap. Bauer expedition outfitter is what I use. it has zero coolness, only 1 color.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Isn't any gear you plan to wear as a group for certain conditions a "kit"?

I have a "kit" I keep on the bike at all times in case weather gets bad. Funny thing is, most of what I wear for cold weather is military issue stuff because it works. I just hope it doesn't make me look to cool.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    !. I don't own any kit crap. Bauer expedition outfitter is what I use. it has zero coolness, only 1 color.

I guess you miss the point or are intentionally avoiding it. Let's take for example the Jeep in your avatar. There are plenty of dumbasses and trolls who would tell you you've over spent or just trying to look cool or compensate penis size, etc. by owning a jeep with big tires. The irony is, that like you, many of them wouldn't realize how great Jeeps (and the various accessories are). There's always the "you could have done it cheaper" crowd. Generally they are jealous haters who like to shit on other peoples gear/tastes because they can't afford it. When people do this to me and have no experience with the product they are bashing, I generally dismiss them as a loudmouth tool bag. But alas, opinions are like assholes and the internet is full of them both.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Isn't any gear you plan to wear as a group for certain conditions a "kit"
    I have a "kit" I keep on the bike at all times in case weather gets bad. Funny thing is, most of what I wear for cold weather is military issue stuff because it works. I just hope it doesn't make me look to cool.

the .mil stuff has come a long way since the 80s and 90s. Breathable fabric has come into the .mil as has the soft shell material.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I just checked the Otte website out last night. I challenge someone to show me a comparable product under or at $200. And FWIW, I wear a Bauer Jacket like you describe all the time. I'll snap a pic for proof later. I love the jacket, but I can honestly say its nowhere nearly as well built as that Otte jacket I saw last night. Still a good piece of gear, so I can understand why you love it.

To answer your question Sean, I just ran grabbed my Bauer jacket out of the truck, and its made in Bangladesh.

Top Bottom