Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I suggest that the thread drift about the NRA would be more productively posted here, a place where both defenders and detractors can contribute to making the NRA better.

It sure would be nice if this thread could be focused on SHOT. I'm not there and I'd sure like to see/hear from the people who are.
    Gun Zone Deals

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Ben,
    I am no longer a member of the NRA so I would not be able to contribute to that thread. However I will stop posting in this one.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As I think I covered in the election thread last year, I respect your decision to leave the NRA.

However, as an outsider, you can definitely contribute to that thread. Telling us why you left and explaining what it would take to bring you back could definitely influence those of us who are still members to push for the sorts of changes that would make the NRA into the sort of organization you (and the many others who have left) could support.

Who did the most to make the NRA better in my lifetime? Neal Knox. Now, he may have technically been a member but he was definitely an outsider.

Outsider perspectives are incredibly useful to people who will listen. I'm willing to listen, no matter where you choose to post your thoughts.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Back to SHOT topics -

I know SC-Texas is there. Which other TGT members are in attendance? Even if you can't post pics or vids, it would be nice to know who's on site.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    So, Bill Clinton gave credit to the NRA when the left lost a bunch of elections. WOW! Now that is impressive.
    You wanted an answer and I gave you one. You can mock the answer all you want. Is it not impressive when a former POTUS goes on media outlets and says he understimated the NRA? Yeah it is pretty f'king impressive. When the left villifies probably the biggest lobby group for the 2A specifically and conservatism in general then I know I belong to the right group.
    Ben, If Roadrunner doesnt ask any more questions than I won't talk about the NRA in this thread. I have no reason to go to that other section to defend something I am a member of along with about 6 million other people.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Back to SHOT topics -

I know SC-Texas is there. Which other TGT members are in attendance? Even if you can't post pics or vids, it would be nice to know who's on site.
    Yeah gonna go finish day 1of mixflips video this morning on youtube. He has a range day video I haven't seen yet either.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom