Join TexasGunTalk

Shot timers

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Suzi, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Suzi

Suzi New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    I need to buy a shot timer. I want it for personal use mainly but might need to use it for a small group. Needs to be easy to use! Any recommmendations?

2. cconn

cconn Active Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    Paul Howe from CSAT training center recommended the CED7000 timer. He claims it is the only one they have used that lasts. I bought one about 3 years ago and have had no trouble out of it. And it is very easy to use.

3. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
  4. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I thought they had an app for that also. For a hobbyist it might be worth checking out.

5. Leper

Leper Active Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I'll second the pact timer. Dead man switch for set. Do yourself a favor and put a loop of para cord through the belt clip. Much easier to hold and manipulate .

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've tried several Android apps, and the results were pretty poor. It was incredibly difficult and inconsistent to get the app to properly record all of the shots. It also seemed to react sluggishly, so times were inaccurate. Big waste of time IMO.

7. dunnrite

dunnrite Member TGT Supporter

Jun 3, 2012
    Kingsland
    I've used the sure fire app. Sensitivity adjustment works well with dry firing. Haven't used it live fire yet.

8. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
  9. Suzi

Suzi New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    Thanks everyone for the input. I appreciate your opinions.

10. double_r76

double_r76 Active Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I've got a PACT Club Timer III, only because it was through a discounted group buy. I've tried all of them. If I had to buy one todey, I would get the CED 7000. Size, ease of programming, forward & reverse review, and rechargeable battery.

They all work, just pick one that has the features that appeal most to you.

I'll second Sig Fiend's experience with the shot timer apps. I haven't seen one that worked consistently. Also, I would rather drag my shot timer around a course of fire than my smart phone, but that's just me.

-Randy