• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suzi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Magnolia
    I need to buy a shot timer. I want it for personal use mainly but might need to use it for a small group. Needs to be easy to use! Any recommmendations?

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    Paul Howe from CSAT training center recommended the CED7000 timer. He claims it is the only one they have used that lasts. I bought one about 3 years ago and have had no trouble out of it. And it is very easy to use.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    I'll second the pact timer. Dead man switch for set. Do yourself a favor and put a loop of para cord through the belt clip. Much easier to hold and manipulate .

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've tried several Android apps, and the results were pretty poor. It was incredibly difficult and inconsistent to get the app to properly record all of the shots. It also seemed to react sluggishly, so times were inaccurate. Big waste of time IMO.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I've got a PACT Club Timer III, only because it was through a discounted group buy. I've tried all of them. If I had to buy one todey, I would get the CED 7000. Size, ease of programming, forward & reverse review, and rechargeable battery.

They all work, just pick one that has the features that appeal most to you.

I'll second Sig Fiend's experience with the shot timer apps. I haven't seen one that worked consistently. Also, I would rather drag my shot timer around a course of fire than my smart phone, but that's just me.

-Randy

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    The SureFire app for the iPhone works all right and is free. I've been using a CED 7000 for personal use before that app came out. I'd recommend that for practice and running friends. The only downside to it is the high pitch beep is different sounding than the buzzer used on most of the larger club timers.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yes, I assume I can just calculate from the split times. However, I have an odd need and wonder if any timer makes this easy.

I'd like to hit a button, get a tone, and then time does not start until either the first shot is fired or a pre-programmed interval has passed. In practice, I want to be able to signal the start but have the timer begin recording at the first shot or 10 seconds after the start signal, whichever comes first.

Does any timer make that task simple?

Top Bottom