• ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Howdy, I have inherited two shotguns

One says Remington arms- union metallic cartridge co, browning patents oct 9, 1900,dec 17, 1901, sept 30, 1902, june 16, 1903.

On the trigger guard it says UMC remington arms co.

any ideas?
    Military Camp

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The pictured shotgun is a Remington Model 11, patterned after the Browning Auto 5. Judging by the pic, the condition looks a bit rough, so value is probably something less than $200. There's one at a gun shop near me, a bit better looking than yours, and the price is $150.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    well thats ok, Im not surprised its not worth much, thats why I was handed it. lol. how old is it then?? If I clean it thoroughly and make sure the mechanics operate ok, would it be safe to fire?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    would it be safe to fire?

Never trust anyone that's never even seen it with a question like that. If you've seen it close up and can function test, it's up to you whether you think it's ok to fire.

It may help if someone can throw in some things to look for or "gotcha's" for an old gun. I've got 3-4 like that. I don't plan on shooting them so I'm not worried. 1 of them I shot as a kid but I have no desire to shoot it now. Hell, one of them was my Grandfathers old 12 gauge that has a bulge in the barrel right at the end where a dirt dauber moved in and he didn't know it until he shot it. He used it to shoot crows out of his pecan trees back in the day.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Mainly what gauges it was offered in, how much a replacement stock and fore end are. When I got mine there was a 12Ga shell stuck in the tube, I'm thinking it might be some thing other than a 12 GA. There is no gauge stamped anywhere. The fore end on mine has a very bad crack in it, and up until now I thought trying to fix it was a lost cause. But now I feel hope may be restored.

Top Bottom