• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Ever cleaned a black powder riffle? It aint fun. At all. And like cleaning my guns.

Haha no I guess I can understand that... no for me whenever it's cleaning time it's a couple shotties, a couple rifles and a glorious assortment of semis and one lonely revolver... so for the most part it's just time not labor... although the Walther P22 is such a shitty design it is the biggest pain in the ass to put back together...
    DK Firearms

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    With most black powder riffles you have to take them damn near completely apart sock them with more solvent than my lungs can handle and then spend the next 2 hours cleaning and finding all the parts and then another hour figuring out where all the parts go in the damn gun. After all that you will be wondering why you bought that #%^&^%%*%*& Any way it shoots damn good when the wife lets me shoot it.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    My baby!

P7160059.jpg

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I may just be uninformed, but what does the heat shield do? I mean my hand doesn't touch the barrel anyway and I have cut my hand on one before. Is it mostly the cosmetic or is it really handy? Just wondering that's all.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    My head shield is mounted all the way to the receiver and I grab it from there all the time. The barrel underneath doesn't cool down one bit, it stays hot. Heat shields are not for cooling down the barrel, they are to keep you from burning your hand, and they look really cool too.

When you buy a heat shield for your sg, make sure you get the right one. If you have a 20+ inch barrel, you need to get one with the spacer. If you don't it will dance up and down the barrel when you shoot.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LargeImage.aspx?sku=46333

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I may be getting one when I pick up the shorter barrel for my Maverick but right now I'm doing ok... but yeah not grabbing a scalding hot barrel is an amazing plus... plus the aesthetics are pleasing...

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Yeah, just keeps you from burning your hand is all and looks MEAN as HELL....lol
    Plus I bought the one with the ghost ring sights that I love!

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    IMG_0356.jpg

updated pic with the new barrel. ive got a magazine extender on the way. and hopefully a new light and mount coming soon too. i think i might add a sidesaddle down the road too.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yeah I know it doesn't cool the barrel it just keeps your hand from sticking to it. I just always thought they were for looks. I guess it could come in handy at some point. Nice shotty BTW Buckles.

ExpatBen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    San Antonio
    Where did you get the extended mag tube for a Benelli nova? I want to buy one after shooting it, but can't find many accessories. I really want an extended tub, side saddle, and light.

HawaiiGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    For Texas LEO

Here is a pic of Gun we did for a Texas LEO

Attachments

• gogun00508_32_20090529_2042308839.jpg
      gogun00508_32_20090529_2042308839.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 306

JohnnyReb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    my collection......so far

View attachment 2369 1) Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge pump-action shotgun
    2) Ruger 10/22 .22 lr semi-auto rifle
    3) Marlin 336w 30-30 winchester lever-action rifle
    4) Mossberg 490 16 gauge bolt-action shotgun (was my Grandfather's)
    5) Taurus 1911 B .45 acp semi-auto handgun
    6) Taurus Millennium Pro 111 BP-12 9mm semi-auto handgun
    7) Charter Arms Pink Lady 53830 .38 special snub-nose revolver (my wife's )
    8) Taurus 1911 DT .45 acp (my wife's)
    9) Century Arms WASR-10/63 7.62X39

Warrior Judge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thanks for kind words from Warrior Judge, Yes we did the top three.
    If I am not miskaken that Pump was Lava Shield coated in our shop today green. But dont take that to the bank, I am color blind.

Yes, the 870 Police in the picture was sent to E-TAC to be Lava Shield coated. I could not decide what color I wanted it, so I gave the guys at E-TAC permission to pick a color, so long as it was something dark. I believe Milspec green is the color they decided to use and I am happy with that choice.

WJ

Warrior Judge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    North Carolina
    DrChet:

GoGuns E-TAC is flat out awesome! Craig and Esteban are super guys. As you may know, I've bought six Saigas from E-TAC; I guess that is about as good an endorsement as a customer can give - being a repeat customer.

Keep up the good work and keep up the pipe-line of great new products. And, by the way, your trigger guard is a thing of beauty!! In my opinion, it is the gold standard by which all Saiga trigger guards should be measured and no other trigger guard comes close.

WJ

HawaiiGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    DrChet:

GoGuns E-TAC is flat out awesome! Craig and Esteban are super guys. As you may know, I've bought six Saigas from E-TAC; I guess that is about as good an endorsement as a customer can give - being a repeat customer.

Keep up the good work and keep up the pipe-line of great new products. And, by the way, your trigger guard is a thing of beauty!! In my opinion, it is the gold standard by which all Saiga trigger guards should be measured and no other trigger guard comes close.

WJ

Thanks for kind words, and thanks for opinion on our Trigger Guard, it really is super battle tough.

And last I saw your pump was finished in paint shop waiting for reassembly and it looks green to me but Im color blind.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Got this Mossberg 500 Persuader today as my first gun. Hope to go to a range and shoot it soon. Should I only be shooting slugs at an indoor range? Seems like anything else will just tear up the targets. :X

Mossberg500.JPG
    I would be willing to bet that all you can shoot in an indoor range is slugs. I don't have allot of experience with indoor ranges but I doubt you'll find one that will let you shoot anything but slugs. Nice gun but it looks a little .......... different. Is the barrel and tube after market?

Top Bottom