• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    well it all started back in june when i bought my first shotgun. Since then i have been adding stuff whenever i get the chance. heres some of the progress so far.
    heres the gun the day i bought it.
    IMG_0343.jpg

Hers the first mod. ATI 6 Position stock
    IMG_0345.jpg

Next is the ATI tactical Forend
    IMG_0349.jpg

Then here it is with the 18.5" barrel
    IMG_0356.jpg

and here it is as it sits today with the new shell holder on the stock
    IMG_0368.jpg

still to come is
    1. 2 shot magazine extender-just waiting for the auction to end
    2. Picatinny rail
    3. Flash light rail mount
    4. Strap

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    If you are going to use it for HD I would like to suggest taking the strap off when you not at the range in the field etc.. Just something to get hung on a door knob at 0300 when you hear that bump down the hall. Just a suggestion I like the stock on it tho, with the recoil pad. Sweet! Where did you get the barrel for it, the 18''? I want one to switch out from bird gun to HD gun on my 870.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    If you are going to use it for HD I would like to suggest taking the strap off when you not at the range in the field etc.. Just something to get hung on a door knob at 0300 when you hear that bump down the hall. Just a suggestion I like the stock on it tho, with the recoil pad. Sweet! Where did you get the barrel for it, the 18''? I want one to switch out from bird gun to HD gun on my 870.

i had the barrel cut. it was a 26" and i got it down to an 18.5". think cabellas has the short barrels for them though.

TXSig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    El Paso
    Looks sweet but I wouldn't recommend the pistol grip. Go shoot it a couple times and then tell me what you think of that pistol grip.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Cool! I think I saw the long ones up there but I don't remember. I want to get the 18.5'' for my 870 so it can go from bird dog to guard dog with just a barrel change. But I want another 870 just for HD to.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Looks sweet but I wouldn't recommend the pistol grip. Go shoot it a couple times and then tell me what you think of that pistol grip.

Shoot one with a Knoxx stock and then tell ME what you think of that pistol grip !

I LOVE my Knoxx stock on my 870. NO recoil !

Check out some utube video of a Knoxx specops stock online. I guess some people just don't like pistol grips on shotguns, and if that is YOU, COOL, but the video of that stock was enough to sell me one.

To each their own, but I love mine !

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX

ya. i stayed away from the pistol grip because i was told by several people, maily Jim Pruett himself that it doesnt feel too good on the hands after a couple shots. so i get the best of both worlds with the 6 position one i have.

if i ever decided to get a different stock though, it will be the knoxx spec ops with the recoil reducer. i have shot a friends gun that has it several times and it was a huge difference in the amount of recoil you felt.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    ya. i stayed away from the pistol grip because i was told by several people, maily Jim Pruett himself that it doesnt feel too good on the hands after a couple shots. so i get the best of both worlds with the 6 position one i have.

if i ever decided to get a different stock though, it will be the knoxx spec ops with the recoil reducer. i have shot a friends gun that has it several times and it was a huge difference in the amount of recoil you felt.

Are we talking about a stock pistol grip or a forend pistol grip ? I dont think I would want a forend pistol grip on a pump shotgun either. I would not want a pistol only grip stock either, unless it was a SBS, used with a super short barrel, used for CCW or concealed use.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Are we talking about a stock pistol grip or a forend pistol grip ? I dont think I would want a forend pistol grip on a pump shotgun either. I would not want a pistol only grip stock either, unless it was a SBS, used with a super short barrel, used for CCW or concealed use.
    i was referring to a pistol grip stock, not the forend.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Sweet!!!!! How many more dose that one give you? I have an interesting story I'll post in general firearms! But My wife said that if she gets a M&P THEN I GET A NEW TACTICOOL 870!!!!!!!!!!

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Sweet!!!!! How many more dose that one give you? I have an interesting story I'll post in general firearms! But My wife said that if she gets a M&P THEN I GET A NEW TACTICOOL 870!!!!!!!!!!

it gives 2 more i think. its made by choate. its a little bit different color black than the rest of the gun, so i think i might end up sanding it down and repainting it.

Top Bottom