• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twincannons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    North Texas
    I Like It. Been working on my 870 as well, just a question on the stock.
    Have you shot it left handed, just wondering if you get a bruise from the ammo holder on it? I sometimes get to shoot a Tactical shotgun match and we have to shoot left side of the barricade left handed.

JD
    Venture Surplus ad

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I Like It. Been working on my 870 as well, just a question on the stock.
    Have you shot it left handed, just wondering if you get a bruise from the ammo holder on it? I sometimes get to shoot a Tactical shotgun match and we have to shoot left side of the barricade left handed.

JD

no i have not. i actually havent even shot it period since i put the sidesaddle on the stock. it is made so that it can go on both sides though, so if you are a left handed shooter it easily mounts to the other side.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    UPDATE:
    well i got tired of the stock so i sold it to my roommate and put the regular back on. I have also added a SpeedFeed Forend and a Tacstar Barrel/Mag Clamp.
    i think the only thing left to do is get a decent sight for it.
    IMG_0390.jpg

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I like the ghost ring sights, but the are a little expensive for my taste. I'll probably end up with something like a hi viz bead

The tru glo fat dot bead is a good option also. There is also some tritium shotgun sights, marbles and xs sights IIRC. I got mine from brownels.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yep, that's why I went with the $30 Marbles sight.;)

Did you get a light mounted on it yet?

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Yep, that's why I went with the $30 Marbles sight.;)

Did you get a light mounted on it yet?

ya. i have a bunch of bead sights that used to by my grandpas. he was a professional marksman and i got all his old gunsmithing stuff. i just happened to find a little box the other day full of bead sights. ive already drilled the hole in the rib for the bead, i just need to find a tap small enough to put threads in it now.

i havent gotten the light mounted yet, but not because i dont want to. i just have found a decent light mount yet. ive been told by many people that those little clamps that look like a mag clamp, will only hold the light on for about one shot, then the recoil knocks them off. ive been looking into some kind of rail system for it, but i havent found anything i like yet.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I ordered 2 different kinds of light mounts yesterday. Should be here sometime next week. I got 2 different kinds because i found them super cheap, and in case one sucks. lol more pics as soon as they get here.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Light mount:

[url]http://www.laserlyte.com/Gun_Sight_Accessories/ADP-TRIR-140/index.html[/URL]

I've heard good things about it, and I plan on getting it for my Mossy.

thats the one i had been looking at for a while. then i saw one on a remington and hated how it looked. they look good on the mossys because the forend doesnt go all the way to the end of the magazine. and the mount fits right in that gap. on the remington it would have to go on my mag extension, i just dont like how it looks.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Good job on getting rid of that pistol grip stock the shotty is much more manuverable with the regular stock and also comfy to shoot.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Actually it was just as manuverable with the pistol grip stock if not better. I do like it more with the regular stock though. It's def alot more comfortable.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom