• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    They have some one in custody, possibly 4-5 shots fired on the south steps. This right after them shutting down our gun show in Austin. More ammo for the anti's.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have been reading the news articles and alot of the comments are saying that they believe that the shooting was staged. A man just walks up to the steps and shoots 4 or 5 rounds into the air, and all of this right after pressure is starting to be applied in response to the gunshow.

And the officers just walk up to the man who was heard saying my hands are up, my hands are up. No shots fired by the officers all they did was walk up cuff him and carry him away.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    KXAN Small black Glock type gun, he waved it around, Shotgun too they did not shoot him? Either a lunatic or more ammo to put body scanners in the capitol. Sounds like a staged event. They would of emptied their mags if it was real. Smells!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here's what the AP is reporting...

Gunfire at Capitol

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    2010-01-21 12:49:53

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A man fired several shots into the air Thursday while standing on the Texas Capitol's south steps before throwing down his handgun as state troopers closed in and tackled him, the Texas Department of Public Safety said.

Nobody was wounded in the shooting, department spokesman Tom Vinger said. The 24-year-old suspect from the Houston area was taken to the Travis County Jail and faces felony charges of deadly conduct, Vinger said. His name wasn't immediately released.

The shots rang out just after noon, and officers with rifles quickly swarmed the scene. More than a half dozen Department of Public Safety cars quickly appeared, and troopers quickly surrounded the building. The Capitol was on lockdown as officials searched as a precaution.

"I thought he was shooting at the birds. I ran," said Veronica Briseno, a tourist from Mexico who said she saw the shooter fire his weapon into the air.

Jill Magid, an artist from New York City, said she was just inside the front doors of the Capitol when the shots were fired. She ran out the doors in time to see troopers holding a man down on the ground.

"They were all over him," Magid said. "I could hear him saying 'my hands are up.'"

Gov. Rick Perry was not in the building at the time, his office said, and many lawmakers were away from Austin because the legislature was not in session.
    Some lawmakers were inside the Capitol, though. House Speaker Joe Straus' office said he was stuck in the building while it was on lockdown. Sen. Leticia Van De Putte wrote on her Twitter page that she was also inside.

Republican Sen. Dan Patrick said on his Twitter page that he wasn't in the office but his staff called security.

"An individual came into my Austin Senate office today acting strangely, staff called security, moments later shots fired on Capitol steps," he wrote.
    Lorne Kozak, of Edmonton, Alberta in Canada, was visiting the Capitol grounds with his 10-year-old son Spencer when they heard gunfire. He said they were about 30 yards from the steps when the shots rang out.

"What I heard was four rifle shots," Kozak said. "There appeared to be a cluster of officers attending to someone on the steps and more officers kept pouring out of the building and of course the sirens."

They snapped a few quick pictures before walking away when police told them to leave.

DPS spokeswoman Tela Mange said the Capitol was expected to be reopened to the public later Thursday afternoon.

Associated Press Writers April Castro and Jim Vertuno contributed to this report.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    He supposedly visited Dan Patrick's office before that and made the staff very nervous with the way he was acting.

It's hard to tell at this point if he's crazy or it was staged (or both).

Watch it turn out that he bought the gun from someone w/o an FFL.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Very strange to say the least. Armed guy walks into a legistators office and then walks back out to the steps to squeeze off some rounds. Sounds like a test of some sorts.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'd say it was just an idiot/crazy before I'd say it was staged. Takes all kinds of stupid to so what he did. I'm glad no one was hurt.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Austin American Statesman today, front page, legislators are wanting metal detectors or more there now, and suggesting gun bans. Cause, reaction , solution.
    This kind of stuff has always happened before legislative gun bans. They didn't empty their mags in him, and they drove a red haired caucasin away in the front seat of a DPS cruiser. I don't buy the official story for a second.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Its a set up as a way to try and take our rights from us and thats all it is. If it was a real gunman at the capitol firing multipule shots he would have left in a body bag not being carried to the car by DPS.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    And the Lemmings shall allow this to happen...Gun ban, etc..etc... Are you going to be a Lemming? or did I hear once that Texas fought a whole Country and Won? Hmmmm, makes me wonder these days....

Top Bottom