Join TexasGunTalk

Shots fired at US Capitol

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Shotgun Jeremy, Oct 3, 2013.

1. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    The incident was one thing. What was more disturbing to me was the woman LEO who gave the press briefing. The increasing militarization of the police force is getting more visibly evident every day. That woman was wearing more fruit salad and stars than a cheap South American dictator.

2. CanTex

CanTex Active Member TGT Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    A child lost her mother, who according to her own family, friends and neighbors had mental issues that seem to have been diagnosed but not treated. Police responded while working without pay because a portion of the government, who unable to secure what they desired by lawful methods admittedly resorted to depriving essential workers and other government workers of their pay ( however I do not believe they themselves are without a paycheck ).

I cannot see anything right with this.

Why do we even have to throw in the race card. We as a society have failed when we see someone who needs assistance and do nothing. Not your problem? then who is responsible. The people are being failed at every turn by the elected leadership and when the results of this are seen someone shouts squirrel. We have let this happen to ourselves and cannot blame anyone else for this. If the extent of your participation in the running of your life ( government ) is to vote and nothing more, well it appears we are being paid back for the exact amount of effort we have expended. I do not know the answers to the problems but I can see the problems.... A lady died, shot by people doing their job, protecting the people who are supposed to be protecting us, including a lady who needed help. Now we have another child without a family.

3. itchin

itchin TGT Addict BANNED!!!

Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Huh? They aren't working without pay. That's BS democrat propaganda.

And I don't have anything to do with this crazy woman doing what she did. Not my fault.

4. karlac

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Not that I disagree entirely with some of your sentiment, but it's OK to politicize a tragic incident?

And just for accuracy, and according to SCOTUS, the police do not have a duty to be "protecting us". You want "protection", you need to provide it yourself.

5. J. Fred

J. Fred Active Member Lifetime Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    "We" did not fail her. If anyone,it was her family and/or close friends that failed her. I don't buy into the Hillary Village crap.

I think it is good that for a change the nutcase gets killed before they kill someone else. It is possible that her death saved the life of her child being taken by her deranged mother.

6. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    No one is forcing them to work without pay, though I don't believe for a minute that they are. I agree with i2s, that's BS.

7. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Actually they do have to work "unpaid" although everyone knows after the gubbermint decides how they're going to pay for themselves. They'll pass a bill that gives everyone back pay...

If it works the same way it did last time around...

8. karlac

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Hell, it's all Bush's fault anyway ...

9. Southpaw

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I understand what you are saying, but again, they are not being forced to work unpaid.

If they CHOOSE to work unpaid and get paid retroactively, then that is their choice to do so. They could also CHOOSE to leave the job, get paid for the time unpaid at a later date and find another job.

10. Southpaw

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I blame President Harding, personally.