Join TexasGunTalk

Shots fired at US Capitol

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Shotgun Jeremy, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Elbe

Elbe Well-Known

Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Yes it is sad for this child, however, there are certain highly secure buildings and areas in the country where you are asking to get shot if you breach security. The White House is one of those. If the car had explosives and made it past the gate/barricades then people would have been saying well why didn't they shoot first.

2. Southpaw

Southpaw The High Holy Mufchetet TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
  3. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

Here’s Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) using the tragedy of Miriam Carey for political purposes. Does this woman have no shame?:

“God knows, the tragedy of this poor person who came on the Hill in a black car — no one knows what drive [sic] this person to do this — but what I would say to you is, let's get our wheels back on, serve the American people, bring them back, vote for a bill today that will open the government, I will stay here until we get that bill on the floor, piecemeal is undeserving of America.”

Dead Black Woman at Capitol Building Blamed On Republicans

4. J. Fred

J. Fred Active Member Lifetime Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    "Sources told ABC News that Connecticut police had twice in 2012 been called by Miriam Carey's boyfriend, who reported the woman was delusional, acting irrationally and putting her infant daughter in danger."

5. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I agree with this somewhat. I hope they shot out the tires and into the engine block first.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

6. stdreb27

stdreb27 TGT Addict

Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    No but seriously you try to breach the White House security then run, it's not going to end well. Those guys are serious...

7. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    The picture I saw had no bullet holes anywhere in the hood or front driver side quarter panel. I couldn't see the bottom of any wheels to see if rims were on the ground. My understanding is they got her boxed in, and she was still trying to drive so they had to shoot her to stop her from doing any more damage or causing anyone else harm.

8. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 TGT Addict

Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This will not immediately disable a vehicle though. The fastest way to stop a vehicle that is a threat (not saying that it was or wasn't since I was not there) is to incapacitate the driver.

9. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If it was a VBED, like they supposedly thought it was there could have been a throttle lock or it could have been remote control. Im not saying they did wrong. Mess of a situation. But unless she was about to run over someone id have shot into tires and engine first. I wasnt there though. They have to live with their decisions.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

10. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

Good shoot.