• matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Update\picture below.

I've debated sharing this. Here we go.

Feb. 5th Saturday at around 10pm wife and I have put the kids to bed and are talking in the kitchen when we hear three rapid gunshots. Blam... Blam.............Blam

Our dogs start barking like mad, my wife and I look at each other for a couple of seconds and then my son comes out of his room saying he's also heard gunshots.

At this point (30 seconds in) I'm doubting myself, gunshots or fireworks. Well, fireworks normally don't come in 3 and they had a ring to them.

Grabbed a pistol and flashlight (45 seconds in) checked the front door was locked, it was, dogs are still on edge, most likely cause I was and we turned out the lights.

I called 911 and at the same time was checking my daughters, who were sleeping, with the flashlight for bullet holes.

Gave the report that I heard shots fired out side towards the front of the house, no, i didn't see anything, she said she'd dispatch a patrol car and I asked if I should hang up. She said yes.

I called the neighbors around me. Next door the guy heard the shots as well, agrees they sounded like gunshots, he'd gone outside and didn't see anything, didn't call cops? I know the dude only has a 22lr rifle that may or may not be shootable right now, idiot.

The phone for the single lady across the street just rang, looked out and I don't see a car in the driveway, from my blacked out window so I'm less concerned.

30 min later the patrol car comes by with his lights going up and down the street a few times. I get a call from the patrol car, he didn't find anything, had talked to a few people up the street that agreed they were gunshots. I'm the only call reporting it??????

I go outside and there are a few neighboors outside as well. They are all like, did you hear that? I'm like ya, I called 911, they're like "That was a good idea".

One good thing:

One guy who didn't hear the shots but noticed the commotion, turns out he's a gun enthusiast as well and has a couple of NFA items in the works and is clearing out some property of his for a 1000 yard range. He also hog hunts there with his NVG. He did his trust though SC-Texas here.

So this may be a cool neighbor\shooting buddy to get out of this.
    Texas SOT

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    May I ask why you debated on sharing this? Sounds like you did everything great. Im sure you did, but I would have gotten low on the ground until I thought it was safe. That time period is debatable (SP).
    Its good to know some people in this world care about their neighbors still and not just me.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Honestly my actions may have been much faster than I realized. Things slow down when it gets serious and it seems I'm taking forever.

The LEO 30 min was timed though.

We all have young kids around here. So everyone is aware of who's who.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Probably just coon hunters... Ok, that's the response you'd get where I grew up in the middle of the sticks..LOL..

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I couldn't find these Monday morning but my son has better eyes and found these 50yards from my house near the street. Two of the three. Winchester .380 Auto.

I assume these were from Sunday.

20120207185814.jpg

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Used to get woke up like that about once a week, would hear gun shots daily. Course when you lived in the 3rd highest crime city in the country you take it as almost normal. Shell casing in the yard, 45 in hand watching it go on outside, kids running in daylight with a 45 in their hands and bodies dumped in the area. Not a good way to live, just have to keep the head down and make sure no lights on as you look out to see what the hecks going on. Police lol well in no Illinois response was 25 min if they responded at all. Best to make friends with the neighbors that you trust and even though Illinois had no chl law, we did carry all the time on our property. Go to youtube and check out Hood Ryders, that's my old neighborhood. I still hear gunshots daily but just folks out here hunting or target shooting. In area's where crime is bad it's best to not let the general public know you are arm'd, it's better to supprise them. Weapons pulled out do make criminals take off fast without fireing a shot, a few first hand expericances have shown that to be true. Is a criminal going to say, that dude pulled a gun me? No way, here in Texas we do have the rights, in Illinois you had to take it into your own hand as citizens don't have rights.

Top Bottom