• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    Is the Lyman Handbook the only one available? Just wondering. Haven't bought it yet. I am a reloading newbie that keeps putting off buying the manual to start doing this. I have a MEC 600 JR reloader for my .410, and need to just get a manual and read it. But I wanted to make sure there wasn't some other one out there that I should get instead.
    All the best,
    Glenn
    Hurley's Gold

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    What do you want to know I reload 12 and 20 with MEC loaders and if I can't help I know alot of other shotgunners that would share so info also.

cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    dee,
    I just was looking for clarification - if I'm using a MEC loader, can I use a Lyman book? Or is there a MEC book available? I didn't know if each brand had a specific manual to go along with it, or if the Lyman book covered using MEC, Lee, Lyman, etc.... I haven't seen a MEC shotshell manual, so I'm assuming the Lyman is the way to go.

I know - elementary question, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer is "The Lyman manual can be used for all", but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
    All the best,
    Glenn

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    MEC does make a book, but I have never seen it. Lyman and RCBS make good shotshell manuals. I always recommend getting two manuals get a broader picture.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    It's been many years, but I used to reload 20 ga, and had a MEC Jr (since sold) As I recall, there were some tables that came with the MEC manual. Not a full blown reloading manual, but the basics for a couple of different loadings. I had a 7/8 and 1 oz charging bar, and used different power for each. You should be able to find a MEC manual if you didn't get one with you're unit. If those are not available at the MEC website, you might try emailing them for a copy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom