DK Firearms

Should Government be Able to Bring Civil Suits?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should government be able to bring civil suits against private entities?

• Yes, without limit

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Yes, with some limits

• Yes, but with serious restrictions

• Total voters

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Should a governmental body - any agency or entity from municipal to county, to state, to local be able to bring a civil lawsuit against a private entity or individual? Should there be restrictions or prohibitions on such actions? Is it really the place of government to bring civil suits and take such actions against private individuals and citizens as a punitive measure, or should all interactions be held either as a criminal / law enforcement action where financial penalties or special conditions are the sentence passed down by judge / jury?

The thread about Chicago suing oil companies got me thinking on this topic, and instead of derailing that thread (I know, I know, this is TGT where derailment is really an unwritten requirement, and damned if I'm not one hell of a derailing engineer myself sometimes...) I am starting this one.

Do you believe that government entities engaging in bringing civil suits generally serves the public interest, or should such actions be restricted or prohibited?
    Capitol Armory ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Should a governmental body - any agency or entity from municipal to county, to state, to local be able to bring a civil lawsuit against a private entity or individual? Should there be restrictions or prohibitions on such actions? Is it really the place of government to bring civil suits and take such actions against private individuals and citizens as a punitive measure, or should all interactions be held either as a criminal / law enforcement action where financial penalties or special conditions are the sentence passed down by judge / jury?

The thread about Chicago suing oil companies got me thinking on this topic, and instead of derailing that thread (I know, I know, this is TGT where derailment is really an unwritten requirement, and damned if I'm not one hell of a derailing engineer myself sometimes...) I am starting this one.

Do you believe that government entities engaging in bringing civil suits generally serves the public interest, or should such actions be restricted or prohibited?
    Big NO. Absolutely NOT!

The homos take enough money and are in the public eye. Of course the government would feel they should because it’s another way to collect.

Top Bottom