• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I took my CHL class on 5/30 and DPS Austin got my packet on 6/2. The DPS has not cashed my check yet - in a few threads I seem to remember folks stating that the fee check is usually cashed by the state in a few days - is this correct? thanks for any feedback
    ARJ Defense ad

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I took class on the 16/17th of May, mailed the 19th, packet received by DPS the 21st and check cleared the 28th so about 7 days for mine and my wife's

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    I took class on the 16/17th of May, mailed the 19th, packet received by DPS the 21st and check cleared the 28th so about 7 days for mine and my wife's

Thanks for the reply..........this morning I checked and the DPS had deposited the check Monday - so also about a week. now only 3-4 months of waiting

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I need to find that email address to get my pin, or wait to see if they'll mail it to me... nah I'll find the email... anyone know what information they will need besides my name to get my PIN info?

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas
    Is the application packet that you mailed, the same one they sent you or is it one that the CHL class provided? If the later, that would be why.

Well, the packet they sent to me did not come in time for me to take it to class. However, it did come before I got mailed it back to them. So I used the notarized forms from the class, but everything else was from the packet they sent to me (e.g. personal information form).

Out of curiosity, why would that make a difference?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Well, the packet they sent to me did not come in time for me to take it to class. However, it did come before I got mailed it back to them. So I used the notarized forms from the class, but everything else was from the packet they sent to me (e.g. personal information form).

Out of curiosity, why would that make a difference?

I don't think there is any difference, But I'm pretty sure if you prepay via the internet, it does speed things up. At least that seemed to help in my case, as mine came ahead of some of the others in my class.

Top Bottom