• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    So I bought an M9 Navy Commemorative pistol, Used, Like New, Never Fired. Comes with everything the manufacturer shipped. My questions is, should I shoot it? I have seen a lot of different trains of thought on this and varying opinions. I did pay a premium to own this pistol and I do plan to keep it. However, if the "value" would be diminished by 50% by just putting rounds through it maybe I pick up a used one and put this in a display case.

I am attaching a stock image I found for solid representation.

TIA

Attachments

• navym9.jpg
      navym9.jpg
      8.5 KB · Views: 188

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    People have different trains of thought.
    Some think all guns should be shot, on the other hand, I feel not all need to be......

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    If you are concerned about the monetary value then you shouldn't shoot it. If you're going to keep it "forever" then let'r rip tater chip!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If you are concerned about the monetary value then you shouldn't shoot it. If you're going to keep it "forever" then let'r rip tater chip!

This.

That being said, I believe every gun should be fired. If they were made just to look at then they would have diamonds and hang on a woman.

zen1300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    To each his own. I don't buy them to put them up in a case.

Maybe someday I will get into collecting, but right now I enjoy my range time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    This.

That being said, I believe every gun should be fired. If they were made just to look at then they would have diamonds and hang on a woman.

Pretty much agree ... I'd sell this and buy something, possibly many somethings, that you can shoot. I wouldn't shoot this one though, and the only way I'd keep it is if it had some kind of sentimental value attached to it.

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    Next time you put away your never shot guns in the safe, be quiet and listen intently as you close the safe door. You will hear them cry.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Airplanes should be flown, cars should be driven, guns should be fired. That's my feeling on the matter. To own a fine piece of precision equipment and not use it from time to time doesn't make sense to me.

nlghthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    So I bought it for $800 2 years ago and I have only seen the Airforce version of this pistol and it was selling for $1200. I carried the M9 in Iraq and I got it with the intention of displaying it. It does have sentimental value but it wasn't the actual gun I carried so it is just a representation of it. I understand the "shoot it" mentality since this is the only gun I own in this category. I just don't see many of this style pistol available anywhere. The engraving isn't "that cool" its laser etched. The grips are aluminum grey, other than that it is a plain ole M9/92fs...I realize it may never be invaluable...I guess the question is, does shooting effect value?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Could always buy a new barrel and save the one that came with it to keep it pristine and #'s matching

Any gun owner worth their salt is going to know that the firearm has been repeatedly cycled barrel changes or not.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Life is too short. Shoot that thing.

Or just babysit a chunk of metal until you die and some other douche comes along and appreciates your efforts as he gets to pull the trigger with his douche finger for the first time.

Are you a man of action and adventure who wants to experience life to its fullest or are you a babysitter of someone else's toys?

Your choice.

Top Bottom