• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Well with my gsg-5 sbr project in limbo (waiting on form1 approval) I am feeling the need to start another project.

I have a 10ga, single shot, break open, goose gun that is calling to me, and saying, "...wouldn't I be fun with a 14" barrel? and maybe a shortend stock".

Have I completely lost my mind?

Joat
    Capitol Armory ad

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    That's exactly my point!

I think it would be cool. I'm just not sure if it would be $200 worth of cool.

I suppose I could always get a spare stock so that if it wasn't THAT cool I could have a short barrel and full stock.

Joat

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If you really feel the need, but I doubt that there is any chance of resale for it. Building something that is sure to have to be destroyed is just not right for any gun.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    I don't follow why it is "sure to have to be destroyed". Are you talking future or existing legislation, or personal opinion that no one would want it? The point in building it is not resale, but giggles and grins, personal satisfaction, and maybe some short range hog eradication thrown in.

If it is not your cup of tea, I can understand that you would not want one and would not buy it. The same could be said for me and antique, obsolete, full-auto German weapons. They hold no value to me. (I also feel that way about racing lawn mowers and 4x4s with 40" lift kits and big tires that never leave the pavement.)

Joat

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I don't follow why it is "sure to have to be destroyed". Are you talking future or existing legislation, or personal opinion that no one would want it? The point in building it is not resale, but giggles and grins, personal satisfaction, and maybe some short range hog eradication thrown in.

If it is not your cup of tea, I can understand that you would not want one and would not buy it. The same could be said for me and antique, obsolete, full-auto German weapons. They hold no value to me. (I also feel that way about racing lawn mowers and 4x4s with 40" lift kits and big tires that never leave the pavement.)

Joat

I really cannot see that many wanting to have a single shot cut down when an Ithaca Auto buglar offers up a gun with some history. The single shot offers less working value then the modern cut down pump.

It being destroyed relates it having little or no resale value when you factor in the tax stamp. Your right it's not my cup of tea. I'm just trying to point out other option of a tax stamp that could appreciate in value. Hell some of them beat the hell out of stocks & bonds as investments.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    I can see your point on the resale value now. However, with the tax stamp I'll have a little less than $300.00 total invested in this gun. If you know where I can get an Ithaca A&B for that, please let me know. It is not something that I am looking to build and sell off. I am not looking at it as an investment.

Also there is the fact that this "hand cannon" would be in 10 gauge

Joat

smee78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    If you want fun just cut it down to 18" and try that first. That may be enough "fun". Plus you won't be out $300 yet. If that does not float your boat, fill out the paperwork and wait......I can help you spend as much or as little of your money as you like.

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Smee78 - It's been cut to 18.25" and is a handful. I am still contemplating cutting it shorter but will hold off for a while.

I've already had a "discussion" with one individual (Pct 4 constable) at the range that was convinced that it was illegal :banghead: , The dude felt it was in his rights to bust my balls about something he knew nothing about. I'll admit with an 18.25" tube on the thing, it looks illegal based on the proportions, but it was still a STFU moment while dealing with this guys attitude. I don't think he quite knew how to handle it when I gave him the business card of an agent out of the local ATF field office and told him to "piss off, call this dude and get out of my face"

I know it was not polite, politically correct, or one of my better moments but I will admit to a small problem with authoritarian, arrogant, people. (The deputy and state trooper I was shooting with just sat there and grinned. Sometimes my friends can be real a-holes )

Joat

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    LOL, that is some funny stuff... I've actually wanted to do the same thing with a double barrel 12GA (wouldn't be able to handle a 10). it makes me nostalgic about those 80's action films... double barrel sawed off with the wood stock cut down to a pistol grip in the hands of the good guy as he comes around a corner (walks in a room) and blows away a bad guy at point blank range... *grins*

I just don't want to pay the $200 for the stamp is all.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom