• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Thanks for the welcome guys. The site still needs work and we're building content, slowly but surely. Looks like we may have some additional deadly force discussions this weekend. It seems an amazing number of CHL holders are either facing trial or at least facing a grand jury right now. We've have the Family Dollar shooting on the east side of Houston (CHL holder popped a clerk caught in the crossfire), last night it seems we had a CHL holder get chased in a road rage incident and ultimately shoot another driver, and right now, we've got Raul Rodriguez who shot three of his neighbors in a confrontation of loud music that turned violent.

Also, next week, our law enforcement contributor (Jason Berry) and I will be holding a defensive shooting intro course at Shiloh. Fee for the class is only $40. This is not a basic "how to shoot" course. Shooters are expected to already know the core concepts of shooting so that we can concentrate and shooting under duress. Specifically, we're going to put you in a near worst case scenario and see your shooting is as up to par as you think it is. It's amazing how hard it can be to hit something when you've already been in a fight before you could get to your gun. To make it easy, we won't even use moving targets this time. Call Shiloh Shooting Center for details or to sign up at 281-444-8930.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I'd be interested in listening if I can get the podcast RSS feed so that I can download them to my phone...I usually listen to podcasts when driving or working out.

gcmj45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Houston Metro Area
    Understood guys. The podcasts are up but, I'll have to work on setting up the RSS feed for them tonight or at least, later this week. It's Monday and almost everything that could break at the office has done just that.

Top Bottom