• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    I doubt the owl would keep mice away, I have my bench set up in a barn, and I bought that owl a few months ago was supposed to scare feral pigeons away that keep roosting in the over hangs, I think too many of them tried to roost on it and it fell to the ground, I felt sorry for the poor thing and brought him inside.
    Best/joe

Stuck-n- CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    My little spot in the basement

bench 2.jpg Bench 1.jpg

Not near as neat anymore

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    So I have a question for everyone... When you reload, what do you use to store the fresh ammo?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Old ammo boxes from factory ammo. Masking tape to mark the load details on the box so it can be changed later.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    So I have a question for everyone... When you reload, what do you use to store the fresh ammo?

300 rds at a time go into plastic bags. Plastic bags go into ammo cans. I generally load a minimum of 600 rds at a time.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Depends on the ammo. Rifle is in plastic containers with the rifle and load data wrote on a piece of paper. Pistol bulk stuff just depends most go in crown royal bags as they travel well. All of my load data is religiously wrote down in a binder to keep track of loads and tge rifle they go with.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I dump my handgun loads into an ammo can loosely. Bulk rifle ammo goes the same way. Precision rounds go into store bought plastic cases.

I throw factory boxes away if they are empty.

I generally load until I run out of something.

CDF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    N. of ATX
    I put my finished loads in a largish plastic box and then when going to the range, put them into smaller ammo containers.

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpg
      IMG_0317.jpg
      63.7 KB · Views: 226

UberDuper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Leander
    Been working on this the last week or so. I built it to be used standing. Think the top is 39" tall. I've got another piece of butcher block top to make a second one to go next to this.

upload.jpg

I was going to buy some mounting system but figured this would work out just fine. I'm going to add more mounting holes all around the top and do this with all my bench mounted tools.
    upload.jpg

The LNL needs some love (grease) but I should have it up and churning out bullets this weekend.
    upload.jpg

Last edited:

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    Been working on this the last week or so. I built it to be used standing. Think the top is 39" tall. I've got another piece of butcher block top to make a second one to go next to this.

upload.jpg

I was going to buy some mounting system but figured this would work out just fine. I'm going to add more mounting holes all around the top and do this with all my bench mounted tools.
    upload.jpg

The LNL needs some love (grease) but I should have it up and churning out bullets this weekend.
    upload.jpg

Nice, that oughta last awhile (smile)
    best/joe

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country

From a a green horn Reloader .......since I don't stock pile ammo I just use plastic zip lock bags with labels, they don't stay in the bag long, have a Glock and Beretta that just love to belch burnt powder.
    Best/joe

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    upload.jpg

C-clamps work perfectly for that. No holes needed.

I C-clamp everything down, press, powder drop, trimmer, everything. It allows me to mount anything anywhere.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Thank you all for the responses.

CDF, that's the setup I imagine myself having as I don't have a lot of space.

Duper, I like that. I think the guys that have a modular setup such as yours are on to something. Again, a good solution if space is the problem.

Top Bottom