• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    Show off your Custom Builds!

For those on this forum who dont know me, I am one of those guys who values QUALITY over quantity every day of the week.. I wanted to start a thread just to see some of the custom builds out there, and to give everyone else out there an idea of "what could be" if you get the jist... I am NOT looking for your "BCM upper half on a DPMS lower half, but I added a cool buttstock".. or your POF AR-- I know they are nice guns but nothing new.. we have all seen that.. alot. I am looking for posts of full-on AR ground-up custom builds, custom long range rigs, "out-of the ordinary parts", etc.. you get the idea.. so lets see em!!!

-PS----- please include build specs so others can understand what they are looking at and get an idea of what to look for if they see something they like..

Ill start this show off with one of mine.. I have a few, so much more to come but Ill space them out ;) mostly looking for pics of others from you guys to get some more fun ideas!

338 Lapua Mag

-Phoenix Machine long action w/Nightforce 20 MOA base
    -Rock Creek 1/9.4 24.5" barrel/SSG Vport brake
    -Jewell BR Trigger @ 1#
    -Bolt fluted/ceracoated by Kampfeld Customs with matching Bolt Knob
    -XLR Chassis with Tactical stock and a few other options added..
    -Nightforce NXS 8-32x56
    -Pic'd with Ad-Recon but now wears Seekins Rings
    -LRA SC-II bipod on the way.. will post updated pics at the end of the week..

P5030263.jpg

P5030262.jpg

P5030258.jpg
    Guns International

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Show off your Custom Builds!

For those on this forum who dont know me, I am one of those guys who values QUALITY over quantity every day of the week.. I wanted to start a thread just to see some of the custom builds out there, and to give everyone else out there an idea of "what could be" if you get the jist... I am NOT looking for your "BCM upper half on a DPMS lower half, but I added a cool buttstock".. or your POF AR-- I know they are nice guns but nothing new.. we have all seen that.. alot. I am looking for posts of full-on AR ground-up custom builds, custom long range rigs, "out-of the ordinary parts", etc.. you get the idea.. so lets see em!!!

-PS----- please include build specs so others can understand what they are looking at and get an idea of what to look for if they see something they like..

Ill start this show off with one of mine.. I have a few, so much more to come but Ill space them out ;) mostly looking for pics of others from you guys to get some more fun ideas!

338 Lapua Mag

-Phoenix Machine long action w/Nightforce 20 MOA base
    -Rock Creek 1/9.4 24.5" barrel/SSG Vport brake
    -Jewell BR Trigger @ 1#
    -Bolt fluted/ceracoated by Kampfeld Customs with matching Bolt Knob
    -XLR Chassis with Tactical stock and a few other options added..
    -Nightforce NXS 8-32x56
    -Pic'd with Ad-Recon but now wears Seekins Rings
    -LRA SC-II bipod on the way.. will post updated pics at the end of the week..

P5030263.jpg

P5030262.jpg

P5030258.jpg

Can you leave the room for a second, I want to offer your toy a piece of candy from a shady van.....

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Ruger #1 .223, 25" custom stainless (blackened) HB, Canjar single-set trigger, factory AAA walnut. Rifle shoots 1/2" groups or less all day with factory (I don't reload).
    Bob

DSC_0462.gif

DSC_0465.gif

DSC_0466.gif

DSC_0469.gif

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Built this a month ago. Not sure if it's what this thread is looking for, but I did build it out of a Nodak Spud NDS-3 receiver and '63 Romanian parts kit. Can't say it's a quality build, but I don't think the ones coming out of the factories in Russia are any better, other than finish and sight posts that are pushed in all the way.

scaled.php

LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    She looks prudy but does she shoot? Do you name your customs?

Yessir... a shooter she is ;) and I have yet to come up with a name for her, shes not too old..

----Looking good guys.. LOVE that Ruger 1- Thats cool.. I am gonna post a new one every day of mine til I run out.. but bring on more customs!

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Yessir... a shooter she is ;) and I have yet to come up with a name for her, shes not too old..

----Looking good guys.. LOVE that Ruger 1- Thats cool.. I am gonna post a new one every day of mine til I run out.. but bring on more customs!

Does my Franken-AR count? I put a smiley face sticker in it.

BTW... that 338 feels as sexy as it looks

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    ef991efd.jpg

de2551de.jpg

0bf45a61.jpg

1bc49ed7.jpg

8f45d543.jpg

Caliber: 257 Weatherby
    Action: Stiller TAC 300
    Stock: McMillan BDL glass bedded and pillar bedded
    Barrel: Krieger #6 Sporter contour
    Trigger: Jewell
    Scope: Swarovski Z3 4-12 x 50 BRH reticle
    Mounts: Talley one piece medium

Not necessarily tacticool but is definitely a shooter. 5 shots .289" from a bipod.

Took out a doe at 380 yards last season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    Thats a beautiful rig there ^^^^^ LOVE Stiller products and cant beat good ol Made in Texas... Im building a 6.5 Creedmoor right now and torn between a Tac 300 and a Surgeon 1086... Keep em coming I know theres more out there!

LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    Good morning all, lets start off today with my FN SPR A1

-FN SPR A1 in .308/Glass bedded in Mcmillan Stock
    -Tapped for rails in front/back
    -Phoenix 3-Ring Bolt Knob/ceracote black (Phoenix Custom Rifles, Phoenix AZ)
    -Custom Grey/Black/Titanium/White----Skull/Snakeskin ceracote job on stock (OnTarget Customs, Great people)
    -XLR adjustable cheekpiece (I liked it so much on my XLR stock above, I milled out the Mcmillan, put in some threaded inserts and added it on this one)
    -Trigger job to 2#
    -Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 in REAL FN Steel rings (these were the hardest part of the gun to find lol)
    -Atlas BT10 QD Bipod

Enjoy!!!

P5210285.jpg

P5210284.jpg

P5210286.jpg

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Thats a beautiful rig there ^^^^^ LOVE Stiller products and cant beat good ol Made in Texas... Im building a 6.5 Creedmoor right now and torn between a Tac 300 and a Surgeon 1086... Keep em coming I know theres more out there!

Thanks for the kind words.

Just out of curiosity, why are you choosing the Creedmor over the .260 Remington?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom