• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Something's not right here, there's way too much wrong with this scenario to make sense...

First, anytime there's a discrepancy on the range it should be called cold until the problem is fixed. Heck, I've seen ranges go cold because someone's target has blown over.

Secondly, shooting at non-targets has never been allowed at any range I've been to. Way too dangerous.

Not saying any of this didn't happen, it's just not right...

This ^^^^
    Guns International

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Well, I've never had an issue with my crappy Omega mount so I'm not sure how the can could randomly shoot off the rifle unless it was already pretty loose. Seems like a lack of awareness.

That said, I'd have been much more belligerent with the range staff when told to leave my can. I'm also unaware of any range that doesn't allow anyone to call a cease fire when necessary. Probably get banned from the range in the process, but obviously wouldn't have been returning anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

/this x billion\

hoothrewpoo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    Other jerk shooters start using the lonely can as target practice.

Where in his story does it say this? He says it was hit twice, probably inadvertently.

Quote(s):

[–]mandreko[S] 2 points 14 days ago
    This is pretty much what I've been telling everyone. While there's a chance for malice here, it was likely accidental. They probably didn't even know it was there.

[–]mandreko[S] 9 points 15 days ago
    Yep. I see some minor scratches and stuff from sending it down range. That's to be expected. But the actual real damage is the 2 bullet impacts, which could have been prevented if they would have got it, or let me get it.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Should have called the ATF and reported his silencer stolen by the owner of that range.

They had his property and wouldn't give it back. At the very least they are guilty of an illegal transfer of an NFA device if they forced the registered owner to leave it in their possession without his consent for 'gunsmithing'.

Maybe he should call the ATF anyway to tip them off for an inspection of the premises and an audit to make sure they don't have any unregistered suppressor pieces still in their possession. After all suppressor parts still count as full blown suppressors under current rules.

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Should have called the ATF and reported his silencer stolen by the owner of that range.

They had his property and wouldn't give it back. At the very least they are guilty of an illegal transfer of an NFA device if they forced the registered owner to leave it in their possession without his consent for 'gunsmithing'.

Maybe he should call the ATF anyway to tip them off for an inspection of the premises and an audit to make sure they don't have any unregistered suppressor pieces still in their possession. After all suppressor parts still count as full blown suppressors under current rules.

This. What are the laws of any Joe blow range owner/ffl taking possession of an NFA item? Though it was not a good idea to do so.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    07e2d4d01ca1506045958ca0478092ad.jpg

Top Bottom